Author Topic: DNS/NS Set up  (Read 6539 times)

DNS/NS Set up
« on: February 22, 2022, 07:01:41 PM »
I have followed installation instructions to the best of my knowledge. Registers host with godaddy, then added them as my nameservers on the godaddy side. ns's still have no ip and hostname says invalid. I have paid and work with cwp staff. Extremely surface answer and very little help at all. Can some please help with this?

Re: DNS/NS Set up
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 10:15:42 PM »
Well... your question is a bit wrongly worded I can't seem to figure out what you're trying to say exactly. Are you using google translator?

- you registered a domain with godaddy
- you added "them" (NS?) on godaddy's site. Which NS? What is your NS?
- NS still have no IP. How are you querying this NS?
- Also, what instructions have you followed?

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 11:47:40 PM »
registered ns1.example.com as host on godaddy
registered ns2.example.com as host on godaddy

Then added them as my nameservers from dns functions on GoDaddy.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 09:54:11 AM »
well.. you need to give us the actual NS instead of hiding it behind "example". I can't help you diagnosing ns1.example.com
If you like privacy, you can PM it to me on this forum
https://forum.centos-webpanel.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=46135
or even better if you send me your discord in PM so I can try to help you faster
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 09:55:55 AM by iraqiboy90 »

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 05:35:52 PM »
PM Sent

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 02:51:40 PM »
Good morning, my name is Carlos, I am from Argentina and a new member of the forum, my sincere greetings to all the members of the forum. I am using the Google translator since unfortunately I do not speak English. I already used CWP years ago and it seems to me a very good panel.
The problem I am facing right now is the following:
I installed CWP from scratch in a clean installation of Centos 7 I followed all the steps for the installation without getting errors, I have registered the domain mifm.online with the two ns created in the domain registrar ns1.mifm.online and ns2.mifm.online which point to the static ip of my VPS. The problem is that I edit the ns in CWP placing the ns1 and ns2 with the respective IP and I can't get the ns to resolve. If you can help me with this issue I would be very grateful. Any extra information at your disposal
from now on
Thank you very much

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 02:58:28 PM »
Good morning, my name is Carlos, I am from Argentina and a new member of the forum, my sincere greetings to all the members of the forum. I am using the Google translator since unfortunately I do not speak English. I already used CWP years ago and it seems to me a very good panel.
The problem I am facing right now is the following:
I installed CWP from scratch in a clean installation of Centos 7 I followed all the steps for the installation without getting errors, I have registered the domain mifm.online with the two ns created in the domain registrar ns1.mifm.online and ns2.mifm.online which point to the static ip of my VPS. The problem is that I edit the ns in CWP placing the ns1 and ns2 with the respective IP and I can't get the ns to resolve. If you can help me with this issue I would be very grateful. Any extra information at your disposal
from now on
Thank you very much

You cannot set your domain to use nameservers that don't exist.  You need to register "GLUE/HOST" records with your registar so that dns knows where to look up information for your domain.  IF you provide your registar, we might be able to help you find out how to set the glue records.
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 03:24:23 PM »
Good morning, in my domain I generated the personalized DNS ns1 and ns2 pointing to the IP of the VPS and the domain points to those dns, an operation that I carried out several times.

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 03:29:02 PM »
It can take up to 72 hours for glue records to propagate.  It could be that it just hasn't happened yet.

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2022, 03:30:29 PM »
Using this tool ( http://webdnstools.com/dnstools/domain_check ) shows that you have no glue records set.  You may need to reach out to your registar for help

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 03:45:53 PM »
The original poster had the problem of slow DNS propagation. So, like @rcschaff said. If you just added an A record for those ns domains, then it can take up to 72 hours to resolve everywhere in the world

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2022, 03:50:19 PM »
Good morning, it's just that the 72 hours have passed

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 03:53:03 PM »
Good morning, it's just that the 72 hours have passed

There is nothing CWP can do.  You need to contact the registar as to why your nameservers are not working.

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2022, 04:26:25 PM »
A query that may be for my help, I register a domain and generate my own ns1 and ns2 pointed to the ip of my server. I do not install any panel and I check the domain and ns for more than not being in any used hosting panel it would have to give me the check well

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2022, 05:05:55 PM »
There is no possibility of any CWP problem