Author Topic: cPanel to CWP migration  (Read 2721 times)

cPanel to CWP migration
« on: March 09, 2022, 09:30:48 AM »
I'm not sure is it just me being stupid and have something misconfigured. I have a new server built CentOS 7 and CWP 7.1Pro. I had my current cPanel host give me shell access (or so they say). I am able to remotely connect to the cPanel using Cyberduck (SFTP) on port 722. However when I try to connect using CWP I get an error that the server was reached.

cPanel migration log: 2022-03-09 09:16:00 --> export SSHPASS=‘password’; /usr/bin/sshpass -e /usr/bin/ssh -p 722 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o LogLevel=quiet  user@x.x.x.x test -d /etc/cpanel/ && echo 'true' || echo 'false' 2>&1
2022-03-09 09:16:11 export SSHPASS=‘password’; /usr/bin/sshpass -e /usr/bin/ssh -p 722 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o LogLevel=quiet  user@x.x.x.x
2022-03-09 09:16:22 false
--> /usr/bin/ssh -p 722 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o LogLevel=quiet user@x.x.x.x test -d /etc/cpanel/ && echo 'true' || echo 'false' 2>&1

I then tried using the cPanel account restore, uploaded the account tar.gz file to the home directory, made sure it was named cpmove-accname.tar.gz. The file does show up and the wizard begins, but then fails with the error that the file couldn't be decompressed. I checked the cPanel migatation log and each time I get the same error message at the end of the log
"Problem when unzipping the file, the path /home/tmpback/resellerconfig/cp/ is not available"
If I check the file has been unzipped into /home/tmpback/resellerconfig/

Re: cPanel to CWP migration
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 11:55:56 AM »
Hello

Please try the following steps

- Confirm that the backup has been completed successfully on your cpanel server

- Unzip the backup file manually and check that the cp directory is inside it

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 04:41:58 PM »
I just checked one of the tar.gz files and the cp folder is inside it, with a file with the account name. I have also just checked the /home/tmpback folder on the server and the same cp/accname folder is there.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 05:15:22 PM »
I just compressed the cPanel backup again using KeKa and uploaded it to my CWP, ran the cPanel account restore and it seems to have worked without any problems. I have no idea why that would be, the original tar.gz file I was using was the one downloaded from cPanel.