Author Topic: hacked cwp?  (Read 2070 times)

hacked cwp?
« on: March 30, 2022, 01:10:45 PM »
Hi,
I'm experiencing some odd behavior on my server.. I found that my domain was showing:
"Error
Please contact your hosting provider to correct issues causing your website to be offline"

so, I started to investigate a little.. I've logged via ssh, and found out that the Vhost was changed.. the DocumentRoot shows this path:" /usr/local/apache/htdocs/suspended-page" inside there is an index.html with the message shown above..

so, I modified the vhost, restarted apache.. domain went fine..

Yet, now I noticed that when I create a new subdomain, in CWP everything goes ok, the subdomain is created, the folder is created.. but if I go with ssh and check the virtual host, then it shows that the DocumentRoot is pointing to the "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/suspended-page" when it shoud go to /home/username/public_html/subdomain name..

I've checked the CWP database root-cwp and checked the settings apache_sub_vhost_tpl registry.. it seems to be fine.. (besides in CWP when it shows the path in the subdomain panel, the path are shown ok) so I think it's not a problem with the CWP database..
But, it must be using a template to create the virtual host subdomain that it's wrong.. does anybody know where I can find it and check it?

Thanks!!!

Re: hacked cwp?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 02:46:01 PM »
Hi,
I'm experiencing some odd behavior on my server.. I found that my domain was showing:
"Error
Please contact your hosting provider to correct issues causing your website to be offline"

so, I started to investigate a little.. I've logged via ssh, and found out that the Vhost was changed.. the DocumentRoot shows this path:" /usr/local/apache/htdocs/suspended-page" inside there is an index.html with the message shown above..

so, I modified the vhost, restarted apache.. domain went fine..

Yet, now I noticed that when I create a new subdomain, in CWP everything goes ok, the subdomain is created, the folder is created.. but if I go with ssh and check the virtual host, then it shows that the DocumentRoot is pointing to the "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/suspended-page" when it shoud go to /home/username/public_html/subdomain name..

I've checked the CWP database root-cwp and checked the settings apache_sub_vhost_tpl registry.. it seems to be fine.. (besides in CWP when it shows the path in the subdomain panel, the path are shown ok) so I think it's not a problem with the CWP database..
But, it must be using a template to create the virtual host subdomain that it's wrong.. does anybody know where I can find it and check it?

Thanks!!!
sorry! my mistake.. it seems that bw on the website was over the 109 % and the account got suspended..i've increased the bw on the package and unsuspended the account.. now when I create the subdomain..work fine!