Author Topic: Hostname ssl issue  (Read 2451 times)

Hostname ssl issue
« on: April 07, 2022, 04:49:36 AM »
Hi guys

Last time i asked CWP support to install a 3rd party SSL for my web services, like control panel, webmail services etc. they installed it for me and now its expired.

I wanted to replace this with lets encrypt. under ssl i checked all 4 boxes and installed service certs. I didnt get any errors and viewing the logs not showing any errors as well.

but my host name subdomain is still using the old expired cert (yes its pointed to my server)

how can i fully remove or replace this with a lets encrypt cert?

Thanks

Re: Hostname ssl issue
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 01:20:01 AM »
Make sure to restart cwpsrv, nginx, and/or apache for new certs to take affect.  If after restart, it doesn't work, please respond.
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 04:32:05 AM »
thank you for the quick reply. I even tried rebooting the entire server, its still not working. can help?

thanks

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 04:33:50 AM »
just to be clear its still showing my expired Sectigo cert. not sure how to remove this expired cert and replace this with the lets encrypt one

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 06:54:49 AM »
try to go in cwp on hostname to change it and just click on the save button, it should generate a new LE cert
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2022, 08:54:44 AM »
that worked. thank you so much :)