Author Topic: users can see all phpmyadmin user database, how to prevent it?  (Read 2693 times)

Hi, recently I notice by one of my users that any users of my cwp servers can see all phpmyadmin database and can do any operation with any database which one actually he is not the owner. I tried several things, like: fixing all account permission, reinstall mariadb, change mysql password, rebuild the server, rebooting the server but nothing is working. It's affected only 1 of my VPS server that are running under KVM. Does anyone know the causes & if you know the solutions then kindly reply here quickly, I am in big trouble. Thanks.
Biswas Host Ltd

www.biswashost.com

Domain, Hosting, Cloud Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Server,

Web Design, SSL, VPN, Professional Email & More

Re: users can see all phpmyadmin user database, how to prevent it?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 11:45:34 PM »
Hi, I got the solution. Some how in my phpmyadmin "User accounts" section added a entry like: Any -->localhost--->yes--->usage--->No, So this entry means anyone can login to main localhost if anyone have a authorized user id & password. So, solution is just remove that user from the table. That's all. Hope it will help any one else. Today full night is gone to investigate this issue.
Biswas Host Ltd

www.biswashost.com

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 02:13:29 PM »
This is actually one of the first questions I had when joining this forum for the first time.
https://forum.centos-webpanel.com/index.php?topic=11602.msg39624#msg39624

So, it should be included in your notes to remove the "any" account after installing a new server.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 01:12:24 AM »
This is actually one of the first questions I had when joining this forum for the first time.
https://forum.centos-webpanel.com/index.php?topic=11602.msg39624#msg39624

So, it should be included in your notes to remove the "any" account after installing a new server.

I already replied it about how to solved it. Thanks for your reply, at least someone replied me.
Biswas Host Ltd

www.biswashost.com