Author Topic: Shoutcast Won't connect  (Read 2090 times)

Shoutcast Won't connect
« on: May 24, 2022, 09:58:13 AM »
Hello

I have tested the new shoutcast plugin and works with autodj.
The problems are the following:

- If i try to connect with virtual dj when Autodj is playing i see the error "Stream in use"
- If i stop manually the autodj service and try to connect i see the error "Error.Disconected. Reconecting..."

Tested with Radio Caster and again i can't connect showing only status "connecting..."
I started 3 different servers and tested with same results.
I totally disabled firewall to be sure that it will not interfere even if i have opened the necessary ports and again i just can't use it.

Is there something i am missing?
Can someone test and confirm that server connection is not possible?

You need a reliable hosting company for your website or your eshop?
Need a cheap, reliable, fast and secure hosting?
You want fast support and action to every technical issue?
Freespirits is here for you :) - Don't look any further!

Re: Shoutcast Won't connect
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 11:17:07 AM »
If i try to start a second server to the same account and to diferrent ports everything gets messy.
Testing 3 different servers to the same account and setting up autodj even if i see the servers are up and running none of them work and http://serverip:port drops error "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED".

I guess spend enough time with something that should be working in seconds.
I just need a confirmation that this is experimental and not working or at list a hint in case i am missing something.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 02:05:02 AM »
Part 1 is correct. If AutoDJ is casting to shoutcast, SC will not allow any other connections.  YOu need to boot the AutoDJ to connect directly to shoutcast from virtualDJ.

Part2:  Disconnecting, Reconnecting usually has something to do with shoutcast not accepting the stream codec.  I'm not sure how your virtual DJ software is streaming to shoutcast, but it usually accepts aac or mp3-lame streams.   I would recommend turning on debug mode for shoutcast to see exactly why it is disconnecting the encoder from VDJ.

Alternatively, you can look into the liquidsoap documentation on how to setup stream relaying.
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 07:55:42 AM »
Yes that is exactly what is happening.
If i have to connect i have to kick or stop autodj stream and then connect with vdj or other software.
After many tests i noticed that to be able to connect i had to use option "session name : /stream" from vdj to connect successfully.

Thank you for your useful information.