Author Topic: Roundcube update not working due to php version of cwpsrv  (Read 6142 times)

Roundcube update not working due to php version of cwpsrv
« on: June 01, 2022, 08:42:48 PM »
Have been following this to check and update roundcube: https://www.awsmonster.com/2018/11/cwp-how-to-check-roundcube-all.html

When running the webmail installer I get this error message relating to the php used by roundcube:
Checking PHP version
Version:  NOT OK(PHP Version 7.3.0 or greater is required 7.2.30 detected)

7.2.30 is indeed the version used by cwpsrv and roundcube, which checks out with the bash:
Code: [Select]
/usr/local/cwp/php71/bin/php -v
which confirms:
PHP 7.2.30 (cli) (built: Apr 29 2020 02:29:42) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader + ionCube24 v10.4.5, Copyright (c) 2002-2020, by ionCube Ltd.

I can't work out how to get cwpsrv to use a later version of php (I am using FPM selector for my domains that are using php versions 7.3 to 8.1)

Help please!

Re: Roundcube update not working due to php version of cwpsrv
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 04:26:29 PM »
Cwpsrv has it's own fpm.  the service is called cwpsrv-phpfpm and cwp-phpfpm  They use /usr/local/cwp/php71 (It's actually 7.2).  I'm working on an update for you, but work 60 hours a week, so not a lot of time

Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 09:39:22 AM »
I wanted to update roundcube to 1.6 but roundcube requires a minimum php 7.3 version. Unfortunately version 1.5.3 is the last one working.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 12:10:54 PM »
Cwpsrv has it's own fpm.  the service is called cwpsrv-phpfpm and cwp-phpfpm  They use /usr/local/cwp/php71 (It's actually 7.2).  I'm working on an update for you, but work 60 hours a week, so not a lot of time
Do you know when the new version of Roundcube will be available? How to completely disable Roundcube in CWP when CVE vulnerabilities appear in outdated version 1.5.3

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 11:57:35 PM »
The CWP team should get to this, but their timeline is always opaque. Meanwhile, I myself am not too worried about it as a break-in vector, as my config is generally hardened, as is Postfix so I shouldn't become a UCE relay. Not being an open relay and rate-limiting your outbound mail flow will really make you NOT a juicy target for spammers.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 01:19:55 PM »
HOW DO WE CHECK WHICH VERSION IS INSTALLED?
Listen to everything Pixelpadre says.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2023, 05:30:28 PM »
HOW DO WE CHECK WHICH VERSION IS INSTALLED?

Open roundcube and click about in the bottom left corner.

I installed stable roundcube version 1.6.1 as the last version and after receiving the warning that it cannot be used because there is no php 7.3 in the system, I had to revert to the old version 1.4.11.

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 04:55:09 PM »
Sandeep has a guide on upgrading to the 1.5.x code branch of RoundCube. I wouldn't run the 1.4.x RoundCube branch...
https://www.uxlinux.com/upgrade-to-roundcube-version-mail-on-cwp-centos-webpanel/

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2023, 07:41:09 PM »

any update on this?

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2023, 09:02:10 PM »

any update on this?

/usr/local/cwpsrv/var/services/roundcube

It was already installed here. It had version 1.4. I updated to version 1.5. But now when I want to install 1.6.1, PHP 7.2.3 sees it and does not install it.

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2023, 10:11:15 PM »
I imagine you would have to install it under a virtual host, not system-wide, so it meets the PHP requirements.

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2023, 10:15:55 PM »
I imagine you would have to install it under a virtual host, not system-wide, so it meets the PHP requirements.

What setting do I need to move /usr/local/cwpsrv/var/services/roundcube from here and make it work in home/user/public_html?

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2023, 10:20:14 PM »
You should download the complete source from roundcube.net into your virtual host and follow the installation instructions. (It will entail creating a MySQL or comparable database.) Hopefully your PHP 7.4 version is compiled with all the required modules and options! But the installer will check that for you as well.

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2023, 04:37:47 PM »
Any news? Update to the new version and still get the error: "Unsupported PHP version. Required PHP >= 7.3."

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2023, 05:55:22 PM »
Run it in var/www/html/. Then it will support php version