Author Topic: PHP Defender nowhere to be found  (Read 12058 times)

Re: PHP Defender nowhere to be found
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2022, 10:20:18 AM »
it is of no use if it is not even there! During a NEW installation, I just noticed that it is not installed in the directory, nor is it pulled or installed by CWP install script or PHP phpize.

pcre is also not installed
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 10:26:52 AM by Com-QuadTech »

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2022, 06:44:23 PM »

we make it easy for us.

Before publication, internal tests are carried out on a VPS and a dedicated server. If everything runs, it is loaded onto "a" repo, from this a real installation is carried out. Only if this goes smoothly will it actually be published! And not before. Everyone in our team tests each script independently and conscientiously before it goes online. This is how it should be at CWP. Because if I earn money with it, I have a responsibility to the customers !!!!!!!

I totally agree.

I would test for you as well on my test server by reinstalling CWP, I would if I had an extra pro license. If only CWP offered licenses for a test server for beta testing..

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2022, 06:47:08 PM »
it is of no use if it is not even there! During a NEW installation, I just noticed that it is not installed in the directory, nor is it pulled or installed by CWP install script or PHP phpize.

pcre is also not installed

Which OS is this?
Before I installed CWP on an actual VPS, I have already tested it on a vmware VPS. So, I have accumilated notes on what to do and in what order.

If the OS you're trying is Centos 8 STREAM, I can give you my notes to follow it or compare it with yours.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 06:55:17 PM by iraqiboy90 »

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2022, 01:03:46 PM »
Yes it is CentOS Steam and AlmaLinux these are the two OS on which we have installed CWP.

Fortunately, we haven't changed the CentOS7 yet.

I have to say that we have some VPS and dedicated servers running with CWP. But think that each of your notes will help us. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 01:06:19 PM by Com-QuadTech »

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2022, 05:37:13 PM »
Yes it is CentOS Steam and AlmaLinux these are the two OS on which we have installed CWP.

Fortunately, we haven't changed the CentOS7 yet.

I have to say that we have some VPS and dedicated servers running with CWP. But think that each of your notes will help us. Thanks again!

Just sent them in PM

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2022, 03:19:43 PM »
Code: [Select]
cp -rp /usr/local/cwp/.conf/phpdefender/snuffleupagus-master /usr/local/cwp/.conf/phpdefender/snuffleupagus-master_BACKUP
cd /usr/local/cwp/.conf/phpdefender/snuffleupagus-master/src
/opt/alt/php-fpm74/usr/bin/phpize
chmod +x configure
./configure --with-php-config=/opt/alt/php-fpm74/usr/bin/php-config
make && make install
vi /opt/alt/php-fpm74/usr/php/php.d/snuffleupagus.ini
add the code mentioned above, restart php-fpm and check the security center to see if it appears there. Or at least in the module list.

After working with @Com-QuadTech and having access to his machine. I can confirm that the PHP defender module is broken. No logs inside /var/log/messages /var/log/cwp/* or /usr/local/cwpsrv/logs/* could say anything. The error message that happens on the module itself is just "Error. Unknown error".

I used my commands mentioned earlier in this thread, without the "--enable-snuffleupagus", and did manually create ini files and rule files and tested a variable that PHP defender would block. It's now working, but again; had to be manually installed. PHP Defender installer is broken.

Can a developer look into this please?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 03:23:06 PM by iraqiboy90 »

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2022, 03:26:51 PM »
dicord name?

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2022, 03:30:18 PM »

allow inquiries or
Masterx1010 # 9538