Author Topic: How to add DKIM Only for the hostname  (Read 1738 times)

How to add DKIM Only for the hostname
« on: October 19, 2022, 02:18:55 AM »
I just noticed that my hostname does not have DKIM value.
I have tried to find in DKIM Manager, but the hostname is not listed there at the dropdown option. But it is shown at the listing of /var/named.
I just want to add DKIM for the hostname only, since all domains have already had the DKIM and SPF.
I read at this forum the simplest way is rebuild the mail server. But I'm not sure to do that. I am just afraid that running that feature will overwritten all of SPF and DKIM for whole domains. I'm afraid because some domains have been set to use third party SMTP that need us to insert their SPF and DKIM into our domain's named record for the verification purpose.

So, what is the best way to add DKIM for the hostname WITHOUT chaning the other domain's DKIM value?

Thanks.
we are web developer in Indonesia with address: Tatamedia Solusindo | web hosting with mutiple choices | discounted software store

Re: How to add DKIM Only for the hostname
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 05:00:17 AM »

this is my opinion

1. if you point IN NS your domain to your CWP
DKIM must valid

2. if you just IN A and Your MX point to CWP
you need have same dkim at cwp and domain zone panel
otherwise sometimes the domain will get spam and blocked from gmail

3, if you just IN A and your MX NOT point to CWP
just ignore it.

how to disable dkim ?
disable OPEN DKIM Services
so everytime you create account (i think ) your account will not have DKIM on it

I just noticed that my hostname does not have DKIM value.
I have tried to find in DKIM Manager, but the hostname is not listed there at the dropdown option. But it is shown at the listing of /var/named.
I just want to add DKIM for the hostname only, since all domains have already had the DKIM and SPF.
I read at this forum the simplest way is rebuild the mail server. But I'm not sure to do that. I am just afraid that running that feature will overwritten all of SPF and DKIM for whole domains. I'm afraid because some domains have been set to use third party SMTP that need us to insert their SPF and DKIM into our domain's named record for the verification purpose.

So, what is the best way to add DKIM for the hostname WITHOUT chaning the other domain's DKIM value?

Thanks.