Author Topic: "File System Lock" Bug  (Read 1779 times)

"File System Lock" Bug
« on: January 09, 2023, 04:26:59 PM »
It seems there is an issue with the "File System Lock" option in CWP. ??? When it's "Enabled", it only lock the public_html folder.
And all other sub folders and files under the user's folder remain unlocked (while many people may use those sub folders as their website root).
I mean for example If I put files in "home/mike/public_html" those files will be locked, But If I put my files under "home/mike/" or any other subfolder of mike (except public_html) they will remain unlocked.
In this example, How Can I lock the whole folders under Mike's Folder? :-\

I searched for this in Forum and it seems some other people faced the same issue ( https://forum.centos-webpanel.com/index.php?topic=6543.0 ) but why this bug not fixed yet (from 2 years ago!) !?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 04:31:53 PM by Domains »

Re: "File System Lock" Bug
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 09:05:03 PM »
Thank you for your report, we will resolve this as soon as possible.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 10:09:27 PM »
Hi.
Is this bug fixed? :-\

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 04:26:09 PM »
Can't you just chmod to lock down file permissions as an interim workaround?
Code: [Select]
chmod -R go-rwx /home/mike/directory

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 12:37:07 PM »
Can't you just chmod to lock down file permissions as an interim workaround?
Code: [Select]
chmod -R go-rwx /home/mike/directory

That's just a temporary solution. That's not what we need from CWP.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 03:44:51 PM »
Is it needed for your use case in a shared hosting environment setting? Are you a reseller?

It's funny, because I've never needed the feature on my 3 CWP servers. But then again, I'm not a reseller -- I'm the "sole proprieter" of the servers I manage, doing almost all of the management duties myself. And likewise, I have no use for CWP's secure kernel because there's a level of trust between the clients on the one shared server and the other servers are 1:1 single domains to a single VM running CWP Pro.