Author Topic: MYSQL database and usernames too short on CWP  (Read 1591 times)

MYSQL database and usernames too short on CWP
« on: January 24, 2023, 10:19:26 PM »
I went to test a migration of a client from cpanel to CWP, and the database name (eg someuser_wp_mydatabase) is way too long for CWP, as well as having the same issue with the username, someuser_wp_admin123

Other than restoring the backup with the GUI then extracting the MYSQL folder from the TAR/GZ file, has anyone found any documentation to change the length of those fields? I cannot be a limit of MYSQL ...

Thank you for any advise!

Re: MYSQL database and usernames too short on CWP
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 10:26:22 PM »
Apparently this "Feature" has been requested many years ago, so I suppose I answered this myself, stuck doing the imports manually -sigh-

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 06:18:00 AM »
DOS filenames look lengthy by comparison -- 8 characters AND a three character extension! Wowzer!

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 11:57:17 AM »
Hello

the problem is that the name of the db must have more than one _ this is not possible in cwp, rename the db from cpanel and then do the migration, this will work for you

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 01:54:28 AM »
yes, the database name has more than one _ as is the standard when using wordpress toolkit, so any new sites will will have this issue with CWP then I suppose. A lot more people trying to migrate will run into this issue I am sure...