Author Topic: CWP Host SSL with Cockpit?  (Read 1284 times)

CWP Host SSL with Cockpit?
« on: February 01, 2023, 05:47:12 AM »
Hello,

I am using Rocky 8.7 with CWP Pro. I have also got Cockpit running to monitor the Physical Server. I noticed that Cockpit is using unsigned or self signed certificates.

My Question: Is there a way we can configure CWP or Cockpit to use Lets encrypt ssl certs already present on CWP server. (In my case i al talking about hostname certs to be shared with Cockpit.)

Any Advise will be highly appreciated. If I have posted this post in wrong category, I apologies for the same in advise.

Cheers!

Re: CWP Host SSL with Cockpit?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 04:21:28 PM »
I don't have any direct experience with Cockpit yet -- just Webmin. But I would imagine you could SCP the key and certs needed to the host system from the VM. Just be aware you will need to update the certs every 90 days if using LetsEncrypt SSL.

Re: CWP Host SSL with Cockpit?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 06:37:52 PM »
But really, I don't know why you don't just add an A record to your DNS and give your Cockpit host its own resolvable FQDN and have it request a LetsEncrypt SSL certificate for itself. All my bare metal host servers have a domain name of host1, host2, etc. and the VMs they host have a corresponding srv1, srv2, etc. hostname. If it's greater than 1:1 of multi-VMs per host, the secondary VM gets an alternate name, of course.