Author Topic: Not all sites (Wordpress) are accessible  (Read 1569 times)

Not all sites (Wordpress) are accessible
« on: February 18, 2023, 07:20:57 PM »
Hi all,

Lately I get a strange issue on my CWP (Pro). I host a few sites on my server, and once in a week or 2, some of them are not accessible. I'm getting 524 error from cloudflare. Usually I simply restart the server just to make sure the sites are back online.
Today it happened again. Most of the sites were down for a few hours as I wasn't around my computer.
So checking the Apache's error log, I've found this error exactly on the time they failed:

[mpm_event:error] [pid 17038:tid 140036947539840] AH00484: server reached MaxRequestWorkers setting, consider raising the MaxRequestWorkers setting

Any idea if it might be related and what can I do in order to solve this down issue?

TIA.

Re: Not all sites (Wordpress) are accessible
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 08:20:05 PM »
you use nginx/varnish?
just disable the custom script for wordpress,

but if ": server reached MaxRequestWorkers setting, consider raising the MaxRequestWorkers setting"
then try to paste that to google...
maybe one of search result can help

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 10:36:17 PM »
I'm using apach and nginx.
I've googled of course. Found answers related to other systems. That's why I've opened another thread, after finding a script regarduno mom, but don't really know what to do with the results.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 09:20:54 PM »
And you saw this, I hope?
https://serverfault.com/questions/775855/how-to-configure-apache-workers-for-maximum-concurrency
I would say off the cuff that you may want to consider running just Nginx and dump Apache if you are facing this type of problem regularly. Nginx is tuned for this style workload.
Nginx, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 05:50:49 AM »
And you saw this, I hope?
https://serverfault.com/questions/775855/how-to-configure-apache-workers-for-maximum-concurrency
I would say off the cuff that you may want to consider running just Nginx and dump Apache if you are facing this type of problem regularly.
First, thanks for your reply. No, I haven't bumped into this link before. I'll try to get into it shortly.
But what caught my attention more was your recommendation to move from NGINX&Apache to NGINX only. I thought NGINX&Apache is recommended by CWP. Isn't it?

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 07:09:47 AM »
CWP tries to be all / do all and fit most use cases. I think if you want max performance for the least effort, Nginx has proven to be the best for me on one heavy server. To ABSOLUTELY milk the most out of a particular server hardware, you would want to add Varnish into the mix (if you have fast storage and/or gobs of RAM). But bang for your buck is definitely in the Nginx side of things.

https://kinsta.com/blog/nginx-vs-apache/