Author Topic: Cronjob not added from user panel  (Read 1748 times)

Cronjob not added from user panel
« on: May 11, 2023, 08:49:31 PM »
Hi,
Today I found that adding new cronjob entry from CWP Pro user panel no more possible after latest update: CWPpro version: 0.9.8.1155 .

Only possible & working if i added same entry from CWP admin panel as a root user. Kindly fix the issue as soon as possible. It's not only my issue, because I got same results with all of my CWP server.

Thanks
Biswas Host Ltd

www.biswashost.com

Domain, Hosting, Cloud Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Server,

Web Design, SSL, VPN, Professional Email & More

Re: Cronjob not added from user panel
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 10:51:27 AM »
Cron is completly broken for a long time now.
Edit is not working, and if I delete some older cron, some random newer gets deleted.

Just use crontab -e from console to make changes

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 02:32:55 AM »
It's not actually a make-or-break feature for me, as most end users don't know what a cron job is! I prefer it be kept to the admin side with root access. I'm always glad to set up cron jobs if necessary for users who ask me for support -- and that way I can vet the task and make sure it is necessary and runs most efficiently, rather than needlessly often or with resource intensive tasks running at bad times of day. I'm remembering back to my cPanel days when user cronjobs were decidedly NOT a panacea!

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 04:12:10 AM »
It's not actually a make-or-break feature for me, as most end users don't know what a cron job is! I prefer it be kept to the admin side with root access. I'm always glad to set up cron jobs if necessary for users who ask me for support -- and that way I can vet the task and make sure it is necessary and runs most efficiently, rather than needlessly often or with resource intensive tasks running at bad times of day. I'm remembering back to my cPanel days when user cronjobs were decidedly NOT a panacea!

Hi, what kind of thinking it is? Just image you have 500+ users & most of them needed this cronjob add/delete for different purpose then what you will do? We have lot's of others task rather than add/delete users cronjob from admin panel. Cronjob a regular hosting feature & most of the client need to use it for different purpose. So, we need to make sure it's working fine from user panel. Good news is that it's already has been fixed with the next update. Thanks, CWP team!
Biswas Host Ltd

www.biswashost.com

Domain, Hosting, Cloud Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Server,

Web Design, SSL, VPN, Professional Email & More

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 08:17:23 AM »
It's my thinking ;)
I have about 50 users and believe me, they are almost all non-technical and they hand anything technical off to me to accomplish. Cronjobs definitely fall in that class -- so I have added them from the admin panel (or more likely, from the CLI). It actually allows me to vet what they are wanting to do and choose an appropriate run time and frequency so as not to tax the server. Believe me, one user frequently running a series of Magento cron jobs can really bog down a server!

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 03:41:20 AM »
Yes all my cron fail to edit right and save. Even when I manually edit by ssh edit file winscp it randomly reverts back when reboot or if you do to panel files they revert. So somehow it's being held by memory somewhere.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 04:27:59 AM »
This thread is odd, we've had no issues (knock on wood) with crons.
Either thru CPW or directly thru the CLI.

What OS's are you using where this is failing?

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 04:49:10 AM »
Distro Name: CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)
Kernel Version: 3.10.0-1160.102.1.el7.x86_64
Platform: x86_64 kvm
CWPpro version: 0.9.8.1172