Author Topic: CWP Pro Terminal Fails to load with a blank (black) Screen  (Read 1484 times)

CWP Pro Terminal Fails to load with a blank (black) Screen
« on: August 28, 2023, 03:19:23 AM »
I have a fix for this but oddly enough the CWP forums refuse to let me post it on here with a 403 forbidden error. If you want this fixed reply to this forum topic and I will help you get it done. It's not hard, but it just looks like CWP does NOT want you/me/anyone posting code here for fixing issues with their platform. To those out there that are gonna say it....yes I tried using the CODE enclosures.....they don't work.

In general the problem has to do with GCC and G++ being too old (4.5 I believe) and needs to be updated to 7. But that isn't enough, you also have to rip out the old remnants of the failed install the botched up.

I honestly don't understand why this has been an issue for so long as it's not hard to fix. It did take me a whole week to track down though.

If you are having issues with this reply to this forum topic and I will help you with it. CWP is not on a fast track to fix this.
If they wanted it fixed...then you wouldn't have to fight so hard for them to fix it. Money is made on problems.....problems that you pay them to fix....but they created themselves. Why should you pay CWP to fix their own software? Is that their business model?

Re: CWP Pro Terminal Fails to load with a blank (black) Screen
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 03:58:31 AM »
Ah Ha!...so below is a link to my github repo to show the replacement "install_terminal" script that actually works. Use it at your own risk!

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LPJon/cwpfixes/main/install_terminal
If they wanted it fixed...then you wouldn't have to fight so hard for them to fix it. Money is made on problems.....problems that you pay them to fix....but they created themselves. Why should you pay CWP to fix their own software? Is that their business model?

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 08:31:32 AM »
If anyone has recently used my script then please run this command to fix a system error which WILL stop netdata from properly installing.

!!!BE SURE TO REMOVE THE SPACES IN THE FILE PATH AT THE END!!!
Code: [Select]
sed -ri 's#(.*)(\$)(gccversion)(.*)#\17\4#' / etc / profile
This will fix the / etc / profile where
source /opt/rh/devtoolset-$gccversion/enable was inserted at the end of the file instead of
source /opt/rh/devtoolset-7/enable
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 08:34:38 AM by LPJon »

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 06:33:16 PM »
Thank you so much.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2023, 07:00:52 AM »
I finally got it to work after three years!

Thank you.