Author Topic: New node application to main domain instead of subdomain throws a 503 error  (Read 1134 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline
*
Hi,

I deployed a new small script running on node on my VPS running. The problem was that I used the main domain URL instead of a subdomain created for this goal. Now when I browse to the main domain I get a 503 Service unavailable.
I've created the new domain for this application but I donīt know how to set the domain back as it was before  :'(

I'd appreciate any advice.

Offline
****
So in CWP is the domain under User Accounts?

If you don't have much there, you can just delete the user with that domain, and recreate it.
Because it's hard to say what this 3rd party application might have done.

Offline
*
yes, this domain is under an user. I have a few important things here.
this script is a small telegram bot (linked with father bot), no network adjustment where needed. it looks like when I changed the node application URL, some DNS config changed. am I right? I canīt figure out what exactly
I've attached an image with the only config I changed for this to happen

« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 12:51:48 PM by baronnath »

Offline
*
After checking apache logs I've found the following error
[Thu Nov 30 17:50:20.194568 2023] [proxy_http:error] [pid 2440:tid 140156082267904] [client 62.xxx.xxx.xxx:41462] AH01114: HTTP: failed to make connection to backend: 127.0.0.1

Offline
****
The domain in NodeJS creates an apache/nginx configuration that forwards we requests to the Node App.  If you created the NodeJS app using your main domain, Node overwrote your config file in apache for your website.  Here should be your steps to fix the issue.

1)  Update the hostname as you have for nodeJS.  Make sure that your Node Webapp is available from this new URL.
2)  Go the the root CWP Panel -> WebServer Settings -> Webservers Main Config
3)  At the bottom, Click rebuild all vhosts on save
4)  Click save
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

Offline
*
Thank you so much for your reply.
You are right, the server configuration was overwritten. The port was set to 444! I reset it to 443 and rebuilt as you described!
Fixed