Author Topic: Domain Addons  (Read 972 times)

Domain Addons
« on: December 23, 2023, 03:37:33 AM »
I have registered 2 new domains and I have added them in cwp user under a domain (domain1) already set up. I changed the path to /home/user1/public_html for domain2 and one works fine and goes to www.domain2.xyz when called in the browser as I want it to go to domain2 and not domain1 (although domain1 will work when called as well). But the other domain I have set up does not go to domain3. When I type in www.domain3.xyz it starts to go to it then changes to www.domain1.xyz instead. Why does work fine but the other doesn't?

Re: Domain Addons
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 04:07:24 PM »
So how add on domains work, is it points to the main /public_html of the main domain by default.

If you want different sites, you have to point to sub-directories.

e.g.

MAIN DOMAIN: /home/user/public_html

DOMAIN 2 (You want to show the same as MAIN): /home/user/public_html

DOMAIN 3 (You want a different site): /home/user/public_html/domain3

In your DNS, all 3 domains will point to the same IP.

Hope that helps.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 06:01:49 PM »
So how add on domains work, is it points to the main /public_html of the main domain by default.

If you want different sites, you have to point to sub-directories.

e.g.

DOMAIN 3 (You want a different site): /home/user/public_html/domain3

In your DNS, all 3 domains will point to the same IP.

Hope that helps.

I have it set this way for both accounts. I have 2 new domains I pointed each one to it's main domain public_html for that account, just as you have shown here:

One works with one account and one goes to the main instead of the domain2.

I will show you with the actual domains:

I have upward.cf as the main account domain, I registerted upwardchristforward.xyz and pointed it to /home/upward/public_html and when I go to upwardchristforward.xyz  it works fine and stays on this domain.

But...

I have phildo.cf and I registered phildo.xyz and pointed it to the phildo.cf main folder which is /home/phildo/public_html but when I try to go to upwardchristforward.xyz it changes to upward.cf.

I am trying to get away from the .cf's because my spf and dkim isn't working with freenom correctly and I get google mails bounce back for verification issues.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2023, 06:22:25 PM »

But...

I have phildo.cf and I registered phildo.xyz and pointed it to the phildo.cf main folder which is /home/phildo/public_html but when I try to go to upwardchristforward.xyz it changes to upward.cf.

I am trying to get away from the .cf's because my spf and dkim isn't working with freenom correctly and I get google mails bounce back for verification issues.

That is correct, from what you listed above, upwardchristforward.xyz should goto upward.cf.
Just like you said phildo.xyz should goto phildo.cf.

So not sure what isn't working.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2023, 07:05:37 PM »
phildo.xyz redirect to .cf because of the software package you are using on that account.  Much like wordpress, it will redirect all requests to the domain set in the backend.  So no matter what domain name used to access the site, will always end up with phildo.cf in the address bar.
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2023, 03:57:15 AM »
phildo.xyz redirect to .cf because of the software package you are using on that account.  Much like wordpress, it will redirect all requests to the domain set in the backend.  So no matter what domain name used to access the site, will always end up with phildo.cf in the address bar.

So you're saying it works just fine with Wowonder PHP Script for ucf site but doesn't work for Sngine PHP Script for phildo.xyz? They are almost identically the same script, they copy off each other so it shouldn't be a problem. I have never had this problem using WordPress since 1997 either. It's got me stumped.

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2023, 04:33:42 AM »
What I'm telling you, is that Philio.xyz is 302 Redirecting.  Whether it's your server (apache/nginx), or it's the actual Webapp, I don't know, but if you open developer tools, you will see it.

https://prnt.sc/ePPfi8OBbg96

Whereas upward does not do a 302 redirection.

https://prnt.sc/_Dn9vcrhfDpY
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com