Author Topic: Multiple domains and postfix configuration  (Read 9517 times)

Multiple domains and postfix configuration
« on: December 08, 2016, 03:24:55 AM »
Hello. I read manual from here:
http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/installation/(tutorial)-how-to-configure-your-server/

Could you explain for me should I made this modifications if I have multiple domains in my CWP:
Go to your webserver directory /etc/postfix/ and edit the file: main.cf
> Edit the line:
   mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost
> To:
   mydestination = localhost.$mydomain, localhost
> Add to the end of the file:
   spamass_destination_recipient_limit = 1
   dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1
I am a bit confused... May be this information already got out of date and in the latest CWP version it was fixed?..
Please explain for me. I don't want to get troubles with email delivery on my domains that I want to install.

Re: Multiple domains and postfix configuration
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 07:16:58 AM »
Below is just my opinion try it of follow it at our own risk, I have just started using cwp in he past 10 days and this is what i have learned

I think you are referring to the MYHOSTNAME and DOMAIN NAME, I don't think you will need to change it here, These settings are already available in "Server Settings-->Change HOSTNAME" Whatever you put here is what $MYHOSTNAME will pick up.

NOTE : 2-3 days back When I went to "Server Settings-->Change HOSTNAME" There were 2 options

CHANGE HOSTNAME
DOMAIN NAME

But now its only showing HOSTNAME (Maybe my vps updated cwp, No idea, My vps guys are not at all supportive :( )

It still doesn't matter cause If your hostname is "server1.yourdomain.com" then your domain name will/should be "yourdomain.com"

Also you can change the hostname to whatever you wish(Atleast that is what I think)

Example : My website name is www.ahmhao.com So i have kept my hostname as "server.ahmhao.com" and domain name as "ahmhao.com"

prior to that it was set to hostname as "server.rajanxsingh.com" and domain name as "rajanxsingh.com" by my vps provider which I changed to above that is "server.ahmhao.com" and "ahmhao.com" respectively.

So NO DON'T MAKE CHANGES HERE. Make changes at "Server Settings-->Change HOSTNAME" (My opinion)

Also, Let me know if your mails are working fine and going to inbox, cause mine are going to spam, and i need help with that if you can help me.

Regards
Rajan Singh

Re: Multiple domains and postfix configuration
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 09:25:23 AM »
Pegasus,

No need to edit main.cf to make postfix working with multiple domain
Add new user with new domain, or add new domain from CWP.client...

Most email problem can fixed by magic button "rebuild mail server"