Author Topic: Google indexing link to CWP  (Read 1986 times)

Re: Google indexing link to CWP
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2024, 10:53:07 PM »
Do you have appropriate robots.txt in all your site roots? I know in the long ago past, I had a private site that got indexed by Google, even though nothing links to it. My suspicion was that someone who used the site used the Google toolbar to browse to it. I asked Google to take down the listing and put up a proper robots.txt file and they complied right away. Nowadays it's probably Chrome phoning home to the Big G, so your secrets are hardly safe anymore.

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2024, 08:15:15 PM »
On that particulair site i have a standard robots.txt

I have no clue how to prevent Google indexing  "https://cpanel.domain.com/login/" in the robots.txt from the root of the website.

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2024, 08:45:40 PM »
Do you actually use the "cpanel" service record? That's one I don't support for my servers; I require my clients to append :2083, which is familiar to many people coming from cPanel servers

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2024, 09:39:54 AM »
Do you actually use the "cpanel" service record? That's one I don't support for my servers; I require my clients to append :2083, which is familiar to many people coming from cPanel servers

I have no clients on my server, i use him only for myself.

Further i found something else, when i search the domain name on Bing or DuckDuckGo then i don't get the links to the controlpanel, just the normal link to the website. Could it have something to do with Google?

By the way, there are now 2 domains with the same problem...