Author Topic: Cannot Manage domain pointing files/dir  (Read 7421 times)

Cannot Manage domain pointing files/dir
« on: March 14, 2017, 05:42:32 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am new to CWP, I cannot manage my files/dir shown in the domain(HTTP Test Page), what I did so far:

• Created a CentOS6 instance on Google Compute Engine(GCE)
  • Added DNS entries like this:
    mydomain.com.   A   xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    mydomain.com.   NS   ns-cloud-b1.googledomains.com.
                                    ns-cloud-b2.googledomains.com.
                                    ns-cloud-b3.googledomains.com.
                                    ns-cloud-b4.googledomains.com.
    mydomain.com.   SOA   ns-cloud-b1.googledomains.com. cloud-dns-hostmaster.google.com. 1 21600 3600 259200 300
    panel.mydomain.com.   CNAME   mydomain.com.
    ftp.mydomain.com.   CNAME   mydomain.com.
    mail.mydomain.com.   A   xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    ns1.mydomain.com.   A   xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    ns2.mydomain.com.   A   xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    www.mydomain.com.   A   xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  • Name server changed on domain registered website(ns-cloud-b1.googledomains.co....)
  • As default GCE hostname will be use same as the GCE instance name so I changed my hostname by this command: hostname panel.mydomain.com
  • and followed CWP installation docs
  • Insallation successfully completed, then I could login to CWP admin by xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2030
  • But in the CWP admin I cannot see new hostname that I changed before installing the CWP, instead of that I could see old hostname(default GCE instance name), CWP -> Server Settings -> Change Hostname
  • So I again changed the hostname with CWP panel (panel.mydomain.com)
  • Then I changed the CWP name serveres from CWP -> DNS Functions -> Edit Nameservers IPs
    NS1 SubDomain: ns1.mydomain.com     NS1 IP: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    NS2 SubDomain: ns2.mydomain.com     NS2 IP: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  • Then I added a domain: mydomain.com
    CWP -> Domains -> Add Domain
  • As per adding the new domain the curresponding files will be located in /home/username/public_html/ so I entered this directory and changed texts of index.html file and saved but no change in front-end mydomain.com, to make sure I have deleted this index.html then also the default CWP page is showing with contents HTTP Test Page.... not shure where this files comming
  • I have tested with subdomain that also not working

Please help me on this I already spend many time to figure out the issue, but no result.

Thanks!

Re: Cannot Manage domain pointing files/dir
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 04:26:06 AM »
Any answer?

Re: Cannot Manage domain pointing files/dir
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 07:21:54 AM »
I would talk to support if i was u, no one can check anything for u if u for some reason dont want to share true ip and domain info.

It does NOT make u more safe, but it does make it impossible for the world to know whats going on.

So by not disclosing that info u force nice people who help others in their free time to respond to your post, ask questions, go into discussion about why its ok to post that info, then check, make suggestions, recheck and so on.

If u need help, sate your problem clearly, expose the ip addresses and the domainnames so that people can check out your situation for free without too much troubles.

Nothing bad intended, we are all love

Sincere