Author Topic: Possibility of CWP to CWP Migration  (Read 843 times)

Possibility of CWP to CWP Migration
« on: March 23, 2024, 04:31:41 AM »
hi guys, I'm new on CWP.Admin. I have 2 servers with CWP. Admin. and already tried to back up from the main server to the backup server using the "CWP to CWP Migration" feature. I'm impressed with that. but can I create migrate automatically?

Re: Possibility of CWP to CWP Migration
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 04:29:08 AM »
More specifics -- what are you looking to do? Selectively migrate accounts?

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 09:59:43 AM »
More specifics -- what are you looking to do? Selectively migrate accounts?

hi @overseer, thanks for the answer.

no, I have 100 user accounts for 1 server. I can make a backup for the source code to my backup server using the rsync method. but i am still looking for a way to back up the 100-user database. so main goals is backup server always got newest backup everyday (DB an Source Code)

i already try:
1. new backup feature (db got backup, but cant restore it)
2. using master - slave database method. but its not the main solution. when master down, and up again in few hour, i should do mysql-dump to make master database update.

I was thinking that automatic CWP -> CWP migration is the solution. but on CWP not include that feature. how to make it automatic?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 10:14:43 AM by Karl Heron »

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 04:00:43 PM »
1. To restore a DB you would need to use phpMyAdmin to restore manually.
2. I don't think CWP -> CWP Migration was designed for what you are trying to do.

There is an option under CWP Settings -> Backup Configuration -> Remote Backup Settings that would backup all the selected options to a remote server via rsync.

Maybe look at Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud or iDrive (haven't tried iDrive, yet)

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 02:57:57 PM »
1. To restore a DB you would need to use phpMyAdmin to restore manually.
2. I don't think CWP -> CWP Migration was designed for what you are trying to do.

There is an option under CWP Settings -> Backup Configuration -> Remote Backup Settings that would backup all the selected options to a remote server via rsync.

Maybe look at Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud or iDrive (haven't tried iDrive, yet)

thanks for the answer, so i should do it manual for restoring the database? any other solution for automatic restoring?

i already try remote backup but i got problem when restore, there is no user account when i try restore my backup.

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 09:09:26 PM »
I use Acronis Cyber Protect Connect for remote admin of desktops & servers (ARD, RDC, VNC), so I can speak well of its infrastructure on that front -- it handily beats out LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, AnyDesk. I imagine their Cloud Backup product to be equally good, albeit pricey. I think you'd be better off $$/$$$ per month rolling your own DR (disaster recovery) server -- either on a SOHO fiber connection (I have 100Mbit symmetric) or at a data center. It all depends on your needs and available budget. But at least have SOMETHING off site to receive your backups even if it isn't viable to run a server from it, you can push the backup to an alternate remote server or whatever scenario fits your use case.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 02:15:10 PM »
I use Acronis Cyber Protect Connect for remote admin of desktops & servers (ARD, RDC, VNC), so I can speak well of its infrastructure on that front -- it handily beats out LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, AnyDesk. I imagine their Cloud Backup product to be equally good, albeit pricey. I think you'd be better off $$/$$$ per month rolling your own DR (disaster recovery) server -- either on a SOHO fiber connection (I have 100Mbit symmetric) or at a data center. It all depends on your needs and available budget. But at least have SOMETHING off site to receive your backups even if it isn't viable to run a server from it, you can push the backup to an alternate remote server or whatever scenario fits your use case.

I think I need low-budget recovery. so my current condition is need to automatically send a backup database to my server database. but I cant do that using CWP.Admin. or maybe create backup database using backup feature on CWP.Admin? can i automatic restore it?

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 06:14:37 PM »
Acronis Cyber Protect Connect has a Pay as you Go plan, which is nice.

iDrive has some nice pricing, and claim to have HIPPA, SOX, GLBA, SEC/FINRA certification, which I don't think Acronis has, but I could be wrong.

Both have a GUI interface that you control the backups & restores from.