Author Topic: PHP Switcher not Switching?  (Read 17438 times)

PHP Switcher not Switching?
« on: December 11, 2017, 12:31:07 AM »
Hello.
i have latest CWP installed on Centos linux VPS .. need to have PHP 7 for my magento .. i used the switcher , gone through the compile and still i see same old php version on the dash ..

i found this control panel exhausting..maybe some one can recommend a panel that i can install on centos vps that is free and actually works ?

Re: PHP Selector not Switching?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 06:04:13 PM »
There seems to be problem with switching to version 7.x .. i managed to switch to . 5.6.31 from 5.6.30 .. and that worked. looked at the process in SSH while was downloading and installing ..but with 7.x is not the same , i can see stuff being processed but at the end messaged says nothing to do , install made . and nothing really happens.

if anyone knows how to switch to 7.x or figure what seems to be the problem , let me know. thanks.

site admin, could you please move this topic to the right location ( PHP SELECTOR ). thanks.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:06:25 PM by tonysar »

Re: PHP Switcher not Switching?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 04:16:40 AM »
Have you tried to Install Dependencies?
/admin/index.php?module=php_selector

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 11:29:42 PM »
Are you referring to the PHP Switcher(This is the main PHP version switcher) or PHP Selector(adding php version for use with domains)? If your talking about the Selector try changing the flag --with-pdo-mysql=/usr with --with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd It should compile then.

If your talking about the Switcher, you will have to change /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/conf/php_switcher/7.1.ini (replace the 7.1 with what ever version you want) find the section pdo-mysql=/usr and change to pdo-mysql=mysqlnd
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:00:15 AM by tbarlet »
4 Xeon quad core processors - 4TB HDD - 64 GB memory - Centos 7 on a fiber 1GB connection

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 09:31:18 AM »
Are you referring to the PHP Switcher(This is the main PHP version switcher) or PHP Selector(adding php version for use with domains)? If your talking about the Selector try changing the flag --with-pdo-mysql=/usr with --with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd It should compile then.

If your talking about the Switcher, you will have to change /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/conf/php_switcher/7.1.ini (replace the 7.1 with what ever version you want) find the section pdo-mysql=/usr and change to pdo-mysql=mysqlnd

this works for me. :)
thanks tbarlet

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 08:12:11 PM »
Hello

I have by default 5.6.37
I´ve already compiled many times.. 7.2, 7.3 etc.

When i enter thru console this :
/usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/conf/php_switcher/7.3.ini

I get this :

sh /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/conf/php_switcher/7.3.ini: Permission denied

What i´m doing wrong?
Thanks
Fabian

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 01:24:45 AM »
DONE!

all worked fine now ;)
When i´ve tried to install PHP selector,, from 5.6 to 7.3 included, installed 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1 NEVER install 7.2 and 7.3
Then.. i´ve updated 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1 perfectly in php selector.

After this.. i tried again in phpswitcher, and changed 5.6.37 to 7.1.25 and worked perfect.

Apparently the panel not allow PHP 7.2 and 7.3 for some reason.

Maybe a bug ?

Thanks
Fabian

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 09:53:25 AM »
DONE!

all worked fine now ;)
When i´ve tried to install PHP selector,, from 5.6 to 7.3 included, installed 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1 NEVER install 7.2 and 7.3
Then.. i´ve updated 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1 perfectly in php selector.

After this.. i tried again in phpswitcher, and changed 5.6.37 to 7.1.25 and worked perfect.

Apparently the panel not allow PHP 7.2 and 7.3 for some reason.

Maybe a bug ?

Thanks
Fabian

Got the same issues, I can't install php 7.2 or 7.3.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 08:16:56 PM »
Ok I think I've figured it out. This work for me.

Stop ClamAV and AMaViS then install your PHP 7.2 or 7.3. It works for me. I think ClamAV and AMaViS eat up your memory and leave not enough to install PHP 7.2.

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 12:34:08 PM »
This does appear to be memory related. I struggled for days with this until I changed from 1GB to 2GB of memory. The issue went away once I did that.