Author Topic: What is the best way to update domain versions of PHP? (i.e. v7.0.18 -> v7.0.27)  (Read 6720 times)

We utilize PHP v7.0.18 for the users/domains, although version v5.6.30 is available (by of the CWP application), the usage of v7.0.xx has been chosen as the default user/domain choice, alas given security patches, bug revisions, we would like to update to the latest version, specifically PHP v7.0.27.

In the past I utilized a script that would download, add flags, modules and manually compile the version needed, then modify any results that required attention; as I recall this was based on a script from an early version of CWP within /usr/local/src, that script is no longer available and/or is embedded/encrypted and while it's possible I could update an older version of that manual script for PHP v7.0.27, it seems that CWP7 would have this ability available within?

I know that PHP v7.0.27 exists within the PHP version switcher (for the CWP application), so one could assume the scripts are in place as is the ability to download the sources needed for that version; is this just a matter of going into the CWP PHP selector and recompiling PHP 7.0 (installed) with the necessary flags?  Then once completed, run my scripts (as needed) to add modules (i.e. memcached/ImageMagick, etc).

(Reference Note: Our PHP 7.x in the PHP selection is version 7.2.0-dev located in /opt/alt/php7 and our PHP 7.0.18 is located within /opt/alt/php70 as originally prepared by CWP7)

That all said, will simply selecting the PHP v7.0 option to compile within the PHP Selector download and compile the latest version available (i.e. v7.0.27) or will it simply recompile the current 7.0.18 version again?

I'm looking forward to any responses.

Thanks!