Author Topic: system not sending vacation message  (Read 7653 times)

system not sending vacation message
« on: September 26, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »
The system is not sending a vacation message back.  All I seen in /var/log/maillog is where the incomming mail is getting "piped" to the vacation mechanism:
Sep 25 15:04:12 mail postfix/pipe[23896]: 050E720B1A3B: to=<me#mydomain.com@autoreply.mail.mydomain.com>, relay=vacation, delay=0.08, delays=0.02/0.02/0/0.04, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via vacation service)

As a test, I copied the /etc/postfix/vacation.php script over to a junk.php and manual ran it and it did send back a vacation message.  I'm just wondering why the sender is not getting a vacation message through the postfix delivery process.

Any ideas?

Re: system not sending vacation message
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 08:39:47 PM »
Getting closer to answering my own question:

At the top of the script, the shell_exec must be restricted and therefore can't fetch the mysql password.
$postfix_password = shell_exec("grep '^password' /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_vacation.cf| awk {'print $3'}");

I hardcoded the mysql password in the script and it autoresponder worked.   The script is running as the "nobody".

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 11:27:36 PM »
you should rebuild your mail server from the cwp mailserver manager to get new config as this part was changed/update and has improved security.
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 09:33:07 PM »
The rebuild fixed the mysql-virtual_vacation.cf to the correct permissions:
-rw-r-----  1 vacation mail   203 Sep 27 17:21 mysql-virtual_vacation.cf

But, I didn't like how it lost my custom transport, mynetworks and main.cf settings.    Good thing I had them documented.