Author Topic: SSL HORROR for 3 days now  (Read 3505 times)

SSL HORROR for 3 days now
« on: March 02, 2019, 10:06:59 PM »
So .. I had HSTS activated on my site. Meaning for up to a few months my site will not be available without SSL. Removing my sites from Cloudflare is not an option because it leads to Google disabling the "add an exception for an insecure site" function.

In both cases, via Cloudflare pointed to my IP and via "stopped by Google", it's not possible to install a certificate via the panel.

I can generate SSL via Certbot and Cloudflare plugin (DNS verification) but the system also doesn't accept the code of these and it's always the same problem anyways that I don't want to have 8 accounts because I can only manually add certs for two sites. I copy a lot of data between accounts and the necessity of logging into 8 accounts to update plugins....

It wouldn't be a big deal if I could install them manually. But I have to have one domain for my server and I can only choose "manual" for 2 sites. For a non-technical person, this restriction doesn't make sense.

The only option I have is to create a separate account for each domain, even redirected ones and switch from SSL horror to ownership and permission horror. I'm not happy about that. It appears there's no way to switch a domain from one user to another and the system rejects the SSL if you copy the files before you delete a domain from one  account.

Has anyone come across this problem and found a solution?

I do like the Panel and I can see a lot of love went into development. But SSL is really bad. You should be able to manually add as many SSL as you have sites.