Author Topic: Error restore full backup cwp -> cwp  (Read 1761 times)

Error restore full backup cwp -> cwp
« on: February 06, 2023, 04:51:44 PM »
In Centos 7, PHP 8.1, Firewall disable.
After make a full backup on user account and save. Delete account, restart Server, check /etc/passwd (shadow, group, etc ), check dns zones. nothing about of user account deleted.

At try restore, get error in descompress and stop restore proccess . In log restore show "Problem when unzipping the file, the path /home/tmpback/vmail/cp/ is not available".

Note: the same full backup user account from cPanel work fine.

Why vmail/cp is not available???

Re: Error restore full backup cwp -> cwp
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 06:32:19 PM »
Have you done a previous restoration attempt? Sometimes CWP doesn't clean up after itself well and you you have to manually clean up after it. I did after a cPanel -> CWP migration. A bit to clean up, for sure.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 12:01:36 AM »
Have you done a previous restoration attempt? Sometimes CWP doesn't clean up after itself well and you you have to manually clean up after it. I did after a cPanel -> CWP migration. A bit to clean up, for sure.
sorry to reply this

what u mean clean it manually ?

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 01:00:02 AM »
Remove leftover cruft that the migration API doesn't take care of automatically. It leaves vestiges behind, perhaps because the transfer might get interrupted. But then you have to come behind and clean up various temp dirs, esp. in the /home directory tree. But then, moving from cPanel brings along a lot of specific cPanel baggage that is not used with CWP, so you can remove all of THAT clutter as well...

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 06:41:54 PM »
Remove leftover cruft that the migration API doesn't take care of automatically. It leaves vestiges behind, perhaps because the transfer might get interrupted. But then you have to come behind and clean up various temp dirs, esp. in the /home directory tree. But then, moving from cPanel brings along a lot of specific cPanel baggage that is not used with CWP, so you can remove all of THAT clutter as well...

make my brain exploded...  but... ty for the clue sir
i will try it to migrate vmail manually... at least i know that possible without changing the password

once again thankyou

**maybe i will ask some question in the future if i failed :D