Author Topic: How do I get rid of Netdata?  (Read 21855 times)

Re: How do I get rid of Netdata?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 06:36:13 PM »
Agreed, this should never be installed on a live deployment server!

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2019, 09:58:06 PM »
but even if it is...just dont open port 19999. If one is running a VPS, one can block that both on the VPS itself, or via the service providers network firewall (which is outside the control of CWP). Its not rocket science.

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2019, 10:19:19 AM »
i dont want to share all my website secrets/stats and informations to netdata inc. stop selling our datas! stop installing 3party spywares to our servers !

i dont have time to delete/change your spyware-centoswebpanel right now.

stop automatically installing spywares on every night update, this is 3. times.
i'm uninstalling it for the third time, and you re automatically install and start it again at every night !!!

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 06:33:11 AM »
@adamjedgar so let me get this straight, if someone brings a cat in your house and the cat starts sh*tting all over the place, by your logic the "solution" would be to ask your landlord to protect your furniture in plastic foil so that the cat doesn't make a mess? Because by my logic, the f*ing cat shouldn't be in the house to begin with.

And as a principle I don't want to need to react on stuff that happens on my physical server, and ask third parties to put protections AROUND it, just because CWP decided to force me to swallow the crap it has installed on my server.

Also, why the assumption that I use CWP on a VPS? I don't. I should be able to control my own server without requiring my host's firewall. If you consider otherwise, you need a reality check on your understanding of control, privacy, ownership and security.

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 11:24:15 PM »
There really is no reason to use this.
Reminds me of Attracta and cPanel but this is much worse.