Author Topic: Mail server different as Hostname  (Read 15265 times)

Re: Mail server different as Hostname
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 07:00:49 PM »
So in the client mail, I want the possibility to put the SSL parameters as : mail server : mail.tartempion.org, not centos.xxxxx.com

You got it? I'm going crazy....
mail_version = 3.4.7

The current version of CWP 0.9.8.1020 on CentOS 8 it's working OK.
Before installing CWP I setup the Dovecot Repo.

You just have to make sure you have the SSL certificate create a mail.domainname

As long as your DNS is setup correctly, the mail client (I use Thunderbird) will touch the domain and server and auto set it to mail.domainname

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2020, 08:04:55 PM »
ok, I'll look at the Dovecot Repo, I use Postfix Mail Server that comes in CWP.
But I can't uninstall CWP, so I'll see how to fix it with Dovecot Repo.

Thanks a lot

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2020, 12:32:16 AM »
mail.domainname has been working for several revisions also, at least it has on our setup using the repo.

You might also have to rebuild the mail server.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021, 08:19:29 PM »
I'm having this same issue with SSL and Outlook.

Have the Inbound & outbound email server setup as mail.domain.com, but Outlook comes up with a certificate error and shows self signed certificate for the host name.

And you have to accept every time you open Outlook.
cPanel doesn't have this problem.

How do you fix this problem with CWP?

Thanks,
David

I am using CWP Pro and I have the same issue. I get a popup indicating the usage of a certificate than can't be verified. So, it is not possible to fix this and use Outlook just like it works with cPanel?

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 10:11:18 PM »

I am using CWP Pro and I have the same issue. I get a popup indicating the usage of a certificate than can't be verified. So, it is not possible to fix this and use Outlook just like it works with cPanel?

We haven't had this issue for awhile now with CWPpro. Even worked with the CWP DNS defaults and the Free SSL certificate.

We are using the Dovecot from their own repo though.

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2021, 09:58:20 PM »
Hello,

I also have a problem with CWP Pro and mail SSL certificates.

I have created the domain example.com and created email account for the same as user@domain.com. Here, domain.com has its own SSL certificate.
When I add the same in mail client (Outlook in my case), I have entered incoming mail server as domain.com and selected all the available options for security (like SSL/TLS, SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates), STARTTLS, STARTTLS (Accept all certificates)). But, the server is rendering only the main hostname certificate instead of the mail address's domain certificate.

Does anyone know how to fix this so when I configuring Outlook it will use certs for domain.com and not from hostname?

Thanks and best regards

CWPpro version: 0.9.8.1047
mail_version = 3.4.7
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:01:03 PM by mbdoms »