Author Topic: NGINX-EXTRAS package with CLEAR and SET HEADERS for CWP and CWP PRO !  (Read 8187 times)

Hi,

First of all i wish to congratulate all the programmers of both CWP (Centos Web Panel) and CWP (Centos Web Panel) PRO for the excellent work they do and for the excellent product they have created, truly excellent from all points of view.
Congratulations also for the new and beautiful official website of CWP and CWP PRO https://control-webpanel.com/

Having said that, i ask you to consider from your next CWP (Centos Web Panel) and CWP (Centos Web Panel) PRO update the implementation of NGINX-Extras package so you can completely hide and customize the NGINX token server.

Currently using the command "server_tokens off;" within the NGINX configuration file (nginx.conf) it is only possible to hide the NGINX version and have this output "nginx" instead of this "nginx/1.16.0"

Instead installing NGINX-Extras package you have the possibility to use these two other commands: "more_clear_headers Server;" and "more_set_headers 'Server: write-here-what-you-want -to-appear';".

The "more_clear_headers Server;" command allows you to completely hide the NGINX token server and have this output " " instead of this "nginx".

The "more_set_headers 'Server: write-here-what-you-want -to-appear';" command allows you to completely customize the NGINX token server and have this output "write-here-what-you-want -to-appear" instead of this " " or this "nginx" or this "nginx/1.16.0"

Being able to completely hide from malicious users what our system is or to be able to insert a different and fictitious one to mislead them is a good practice to increase the level of security.

I know you are always very busy developing CWP but i hope you can consider this suggestion of mine which i believe would be appreciated by all users of CWP (Centos Web Panel) and CWP (Centos Web Panel) PRO !

Thanks in advance for the support.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 12:59:18 AM by Automata »

« Stay hungry, stay foolish. »

Re: NGINX-EXTRAS package with CLEAR and SET HEADERS for CWP and CWP PRO !
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 01:35:52 AM »
Hi, could anyone from the CWP Team respond ?

Re: NGINX-EXTRAS package with CLEAR and SET HEADERS for CWP and CWP PRO !
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 01:21:22 PM »
Hi, could anyone from the CWP Team respond ?