Author Topic: how to increase username length in database , userdatabase and usercreate cwp ?  (Read 14793 times)

how to increase username length in database , userdatabase and usercreate cwp ?
from
7 (8)
 to
 (15)  16

At the moment its restricted to 8. In the comming update within this month, its will be increased to 16

did this end up getting adjusted in CWP as i am still limited to 7 characters for the database name

At the moment its restricted to 8. In the comming update within this month, its will be increased to 16

So that never happened.

Using CWPpro and the limit is 7 characters.  Doesn't this completely break any cPanel transfers?

AND I'M LOGGED IN!  STOP WITH THE F-ING GOOGLE I'M NOT A ROBOT!

This 7 character limit does make it more difficult to import databases from other hosts that allow more characters.  Here's another vote for getting this changes in CWP for Centos 7 and upcoming 8.

This is so bad client attraction from cPanel.

Did you though about that could be clients interested in moving from cPanel to CWP but this limit can stop them.. also yu are throwing money that you could easy get.

Ggood job

I'm sure there's quite a few seasoned WHM/cPanel admins that stuck with the original username length and experience no issues. This is why stability (15 years on WHM) is much more important than grabbing the latest of everything.
Just saying.

At the moment its restricted to 8. In the coming update within this month, its will be increased to 16

Is there any update on this, or a work-around? As some other users have said, this is an important requirement for migrations from other systems like cPanel.

Any news on this?
I have many databases I need to migrate over form sentora that are more than 8 chars long without having to change my code.

If i purchase CWPpro will this fix my problem?

The 8 character validation is only for html.
You should change the property: maxlength = "8"
By maxlength = "n"
The number you need.
It just worked for me.

how to increase username length in database , userdatabase and usercreate cwp ?
from
7 (8)
 to
 (15)  16

The 8 character validation is only for html.
You should change the property: maxlength = "8"
By maxlength = "n"
The number you need.
It just worked for me.

@nftsaavedra is correct.

Instead of trying to find the admin html/php to edit the maxlength values (which could get overwritten in an update anyway), I went in to my browser Inspection panel by right clicking each form input box, then edited the maxlength value from there for the database and username to allow it to save the longer names.

This character limit which was promised to be increased in 2019, is still there....
This limit shows a lack of prudence or common sense

Even in 2023 it's still limited to 8 character when creating a user