Yes & ashamed about the developer's behavior
6 (33.3%)
No
4 (22.2%)
Either Yes or No
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closes: October 24, 2020, 01:27:36 PM

Author Topic: What was new update ?  (Read 5303 times)

Re: What was new update ?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 08:01:00 AM »
I agree about changelog, its needed.
I have been using cwp for like over year and never had major errors, few ones because of my lack of knowledge and all had been sorted out via support. I cant complain nothing, for me its great and easy to use panel on the internet. All i want to be happen in future is multi-server upgrade, that woud be great as hell.
About cwp pro, its cheap ~15$ a year, money well spent. Using pro service from start. In the end of day suckit up and go on, use it or not, its your free will.

Sorry about bad english.

Best Regards

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 12:50:58 PM »
I agree about changelog, its needed.
I have been using cwp for like over year and never had major errors, few ones because of my lack of knowledge and all had been sorted out via support. I cant complain nothing, for me its great and easy to use panel on the internet. All i want to be happen in future is multi-server upgrade, that woud be great as hell.
About cwp pro, its cheap ~15$ a year, money well spent. Using pro service from start. In the end of day suckit up and go on, use it or not, its your free will.

Sorry about bad english.

Best Regards

You are correct the panel is cheaper for an year, but the developer need to think one thing also how this

CWP became CWP AND CWP pro. It's answer is simple because of all these user, so never dump headaches

on free user's. Developer need to think another thing also there are lot more other free panels if these paid

and free user gone to there there was no CWP. We all are here is because to support CWP  and fight against

other giant F..King panels. So dear developers never consider everyone as paid and free, view every one as one

and please update the change log when there was any update.

TODAY ALSO IAM ABLE TO SEE THERE WAS NEW UPDATE

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2019, 03:47:51 PM »
 ;D I was thinking this panel works great for me, so I go Pro and just got another license for my DNS Master - Slaves setup.

I do think you have to announce updates, post changelogs etc. So users can anticipate on it and take steps if needed.
Nothing more frustrating then crashes because of an update, specially if some frustration could have been avoided by a
few lines of text posted on a website or forum  ;)

I bet there are some people around here who are willing to help with that.

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 04:24:03 PM »
always you had a warning that cwppro is required in the php selectors, so you simply had ignored that.

Yeah, right! I don't use any of the PHP selectors!!!!! I manually configured php-fpm and you guys broke a lot of websites with your sneaky update. I should send you an invoice.  >:( >:(

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 12:47:47 PM »
I AGREE THE SAME AS THIS IS NOT AN GOOD WAY HOW THE DEVELOPERS ARE CHEATING ALL SERVER USERS.

I CAN ONLY TELL THEM ONE THING YOU WE ARE LOOSING THE TRUST IN CWP

this could happen only if you are using services which you are not allowed to use without pro version.
But you probably expect that all other pro users pay developers for the development of some software part so you could use it.

I don't have a problem with CWP Premium, it's cheap, no problem about it. But i was testing the free version.

Yesterday, the website stop working, "503 down for maintenance", after a time rebuilding apache, checking apache, nginx, etc, i discovered that PHP-FPM was unable to start, because " /opt/alt/php-fpm72/usr/sbin/php-fpm" and the others versions executables, had a wrong chmod, unable to start. I fixed it and the website return to working. Today, same issue, strange. So i checked this forum.

Apparently, now the PHP-FPM selector it's only for paid versions (in the website still says PHP-FPM free), but they did the change without warning anyone

The problem for me it's not to pay 1.5$/month, it's that they do the change without warning anyone, with a dirty method, and breaking thousand of servers around the world. For me, there are not trustworthy anymore.

I have been using other free panels for many years, like ISPConfig, and never have a issue like this. It's a pity, because i think CWP have a great potential, but this movement it's a shame. No warning, the push the button without thinking.

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2019, 02:40:52 PM »
Dear Developers,

From past weeks iam able to see the CWP panel is showing new updated are available, but in your forum or any other place
iam not able to see any any change logs. So please update the change logs so that will also help all the CWP user an idea about
new updates. If your team are in any hurry and didn't have that much time please share with me I will update it in your forum.
As the new update's are an good thing that will also help new server providers to install and use the CWP. So please consider our
request and do the needful.

+1 for this feature

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2019, 01:44:35 PM »
Whilst I have been one of the fortunate ones with my server continuing to serve web pages through all of the mayhem, however, there is simply too much in CWP that actually does not work at all. The list is endless. Developers really need to not display non functioning options in the panel.

One of the big problem with this panel is that normal server administration isn't possible without a lot ofstuffing around fixing things that default setup has completely cocked up. A simple example is uploading large files with file manager, not being able to install WordPress with script, file manager not cataloging in alphabetical order (some things have been fixed but there are dozens of others)

I'm pulling out of CWP and going to stick with my other  Ispcomfig and Virtualilmin servers. With those I never wake up wondering if I am going to find a catastrophe caused by control panel developer cockups.

This panel is a classic example of pretty pictures that don't work. Maybe in another 5 years time it will have sorted out the issues but it's a long way from being usable for client hosting services right now. First thing I would do is start over and not use php for panel interface! (that is half the trouble I think...just me)