Author Topic: AutoSSL not renewing, having to manually renew every 90 days!  (Read 9383 times)

AutoSSL not renewing, having to manually renew every 90 days!
« on: October 09, 2019, 12:10:32 PM »
AutoSSL appears to be renewing and I can see it shows 89 days remaining but its not actually working, pages don't load, the SSL test  fails. I am having to manually renew every 90 days! It works when I manually click renew, although in the past I would have to delete the certificates first before renewing. Is it something I am doing / not doing?

Re: AutoSSL not renewing, having to manually renew every 90 days!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 06:59:03 PM »
Before you manually renew, do you try restarting the web server? Just a thought - perhaps the auto-renew scripts doesn't do this.

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 08:12:12 PM »
AutoSSL appears to be renewing and I can see it shows 89 days remaining but its not actually working, pages don't load, the SSL test  fails. I am having to manually renew every 90 days! It works when I manually click renew, although in the past I would have to delete the certificates first before renewing. Is it something I am doing / not doing?

I had that problem once.  I disabled the firewall and manual renewal worked perfect.  But dont forget to restart the csf

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 12:56:58 AM »
I can manually renew without any problem I don't need to restart the web server or turn off the firewall for manual renewal to work.. If I set the auto renewal time to 1 day it will still say 88 days (or whatever it is when I check it  say 84 days) it seems to completely ignore the Auto SSL. I also don't get notification renewal emails from Auto-SSL , (I do get server email like daily firewall flush and roundcube works. I can send and receive mail)

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 10:07:14 AM »
.. If I set the auto renewal time to 1 day it will still say 88 days (or whatever it is when I check it  say 84 days) it seems to completely ignore the Auto SSL.
That is by design. AFAIK, Let's Encrypt won't renew valid certs until near the expiry date.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 12:43:59 PM »
How late should i leave it before renewing? is the default 28 days ok or should I say 80 days?