Author Topic: Did CWP support IPV6?  (Read 19193 times)

Did CWP support IPV6?
« on: October 25, 2019, 12:12:17 PM »
I have a question did CWP support IPV6? I don't find any way to enable IPV6 in my websites.

At this point IPV6 should be a default options since most hosting companies are starting limiting the access to multiple IPV4.

Re: Did CWP support IPV6?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 05:08:29 AM »
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be that case.
It is worth ask: how is it possible that in 2020 there is still no IPv6 support ?
IPv6 is not a "minor, nice to have thing" to be left to "when there is some time".
Often people complain that there are many contents that don't have IPv6 support but then products that should have it ready don't as well.

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 03:17:24 PM »
hi, you can manually configure or create vhosts templates for websites with ipv6 configs.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 03:24:38 PM »
I think you didn't get the critically of this missing. We are not talking about a nice custom thing that would be nice to have like a kind of specially back mode for example.
IPv6 is not something "nice to have when possible" or "optional", but mandatory. A product that lacks it is legacy as it is IPv4.
In 2020 not having it ready and working by default is something that easily puts any product out.

There is the IPv4 exhaustion problem since 2011 which has been increasing and companies are required to use IPv6 everywhere, but CWP in 2020 still didn't take as something important to get everything ready to treat IPv6 as it does with IPv4.
If it hasn't been done yet it is something that should be taken as the highest priority over anything else.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 04:54:11 PM »
Put in context, a large proportion of the UK has no IPv6 connectivity due to BT wholesale/ISPs not implementing it yet.
I should imagine there are quite a few other countries that are the same.

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 05:29:30 PM »
It doesn't really matter what an specific broadband provider is lacking really.
The reality is that in several countries IPv6 deployment is between 30 to 60% and that IPv4 is already considered legacy.

An old product that doesn't receive updates anymore is understandable not having it but a product that is developed and in already 2020 cannot miss it. The issue about IPv4 exhaustion comes from back in 2011 and a most of the content providers have it 100% ready, including the major ones like Google, Facebook, Netflix, Akamai, Cloudflare - all 100%

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 10:31:24 PM »
We would love for CWP to have general IPv6 support.

So far, what we have done is a module that assigns IPv6 to CWP accounts, but we need CWP's help to improve it. We are currently using it privately on our servers and are improving bugs.
Partner de CWP

Hosting de calidad en Espaņa con soporte en Espaņol para CWP - https://www.coriaweb.hosting

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 05:54:16 PM »
hi, you can manually configure or create vhosts templates for websites with ipv6 configs.

Sorry for bumpt this thread.

I'm try CWP from severals days ago, if can configure all, I think in transfer all my vps to CWP.

Well, I don't use nginx, I use apache only, I view today that, my site, have not access with ipv6 (I have configure ipv6 and add dns records).
I view that this thread, you indicate that, we can manually configure or create vhosts templates for websites with ipv6 configs, can you indicate how made this?
Because I view the vhosts I think the best option is edit for add ipv6 but...how made this?

Sorry for the question.

Thanks and regards.

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 03:45:19 AM »

Sandeep,

If you could post an example that would be great.
Allot of use want IPv6 support, and are just running Apache and not Nginx.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 11:30:46 AM »

Sandeep,

If you could post an example that would be great.
Allot of use want IPv6 support, and are just running Apache and not Nginx.

In a few hours I post a little guide for configure ipv6 in vhost for apache (not nginx), also, I use only apache.

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 11:59:46 PM »
Finally, I solved the problem and create a little guide for configure ipv6 and enabled in apache:
http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/index.php?topic=9935.0

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 04:43:01 AM »
Finally, I solved the problem and create a little guide for configure ipv6 and enabled in apache:
http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/index.php?topic=9935.0

Thank you @Wonder for taking the time and posting that.