Poll

Do you think it's a good idea to increase the price of the CWP PRO license so that the panel can be improved?

Yes
16 (69.6%)
No
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Current work to improve CWP.  (Read 26377 times)

Current work to improve CWP.
« on: February 03, 2020, 11:18:36 AM »

Attached is a list of things that I think are important and necessary to improve CWP for those of us who come from CPanel.

1º Update Postfix to version 3.
2º Auto login in roundcube.
3º Implement IPv6 (We already sent a working module to the CWP team. We are currently using it in our CWP servers)
4º Update PHPMyadmin to the latest version.
5º Improve the support. For this, it would make that only those who have a PRO license can write tickets to the CWP team. Free users can use the forum.

These are the needs that we have found, according to our needs. We know that there are more things, but the most important to be able to transfer accounts from CPanel to CWP are these.

Greetings!
Partner de CWP

Hosting de calidad en España con soporte en Español para CWP - https://www.coriaweb.hosting

Re: Current work to improve CWP.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 08:42:28 PM »
With present price of CWP Pro it is no way they''ll be able to answer tickets.

But idea can be to make paid for tickets, where sum is paid only for real solution of the issue or for fix.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 08:55:54 PM »
With present price of CWP Pro it is no way they''ll be able to answer tickets.

But idea can be to make paid for tickets, where sum is paid only for real solution of the issue or for fix.

But, it's just that currently I "think" that they cater to everyone, including tickets from those who don't have a PRO license. Is that right? That's why I meant that they only serve tickets from those who have PRO licenses, it would reduce their applications. Even if we get "demanding", only to those who have a support plan of this page: https://control-webpanel.com/support-services

We use enterprise to collaborate and improve this project, while paying for partner service.
Partner de CWP

Hosting de calidad en España con soporte en Español para CWP - https://www.coriaweb.hosting

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 10:40:56 PM »
some more improovements that cwp must do:
1: file upload limit should be increase in file manager above 60MB
2: improove text/file editor in file manager/user panel.
3: a module of backup restoration should be fixed so that, user can restore backup by uploading .zip file from the panel/backups itself.
4: more plugins should be added in the admin panel and user panel such as:
1: Cloudflare.
2: Flazio White Label Site Builder.
3: Blesta.
4: attracta.
5: SpamStopsHere Anti-Spam Filter.
6: Sendmail Logger.
7: ConfigServer ModSecurity Control for users.
8: 1H Hive Server Optimization.
9: (important) Admin-Ahead Realtime File Upload Scanner.
10: (important) Admin-Ahead DDoS Mitigator Plugin.
at the end, i would say that, cwp will take a lot time to do this improovements.
also,  i am a pro member.
but, cwp people does not have proper answer to my these above questions.
at the end, if panel is not good, then we could not sustain as an hosting provider.
and i think, cwp should take our suggestion seriously and follow the improovements.
Need to Take your Business Online?
Contact us for Best Web/Mobile App Development Related Queries
Visit us at:
https://sethidigitalzone.com

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 11:04:48 PM »

Attached is a list of things that I think are important and necessary to improve CWP for those of us who come from CPanel.

1º Update Postfix to version 3.
2º Auto login in roundcube.
3º Implement IPv6 (We already sent a working module to the CWP team. We are currently using it in our CWP servers)
4º Update PHPMyadmin to the latest version.
5º Improve the support. For this, it would make that only those who have a PRO license can write tickets to the CWP team. Free users can use the forum.

These are the needs that we have found, according to our needs. We know that there are more things, but the most important to be able to transfer accounts from CPanel to CWP are these.

Greetings!

some more improovements that cwp must do:
1: file upload limit should be increase in file manager above 60MB
2: improove text/file editor in file manager/user panel.
3: a module of backup restoration should be fixed so that, user can restore backup by uploading .zip file from the panel/backups itself.
4: more plugins should be added in the admin panel and user panel such as:
1: Cloudflare.
2: Flazio White Label Site Builder.
3: Blesta.
4: attracta.
5: SpamStopsHere Anti-Spam Filter.
6: Sendmail Logger.
7: ConfigServer ModSecurity Control for users.
8: 1H Hive Server Optimization.
9: (important) Admin-Ahead Realtime File Upload Scanner.
10: (important) Admin-Ahead DDoS Mitigator Plugin.
at the end, i would say that, cwp will take a lot time to do this improovements.
also,  i am a pro member.
but, cwp people does not have proper answer to my these above questions.
at the end, if panel is not good, then we could not sustain as an hosting provider.
and i think, cwp should take our suggestion seriously and follow the improovements.

+1 for me !

« Stay hungry, stay foolish. »

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 12:31:06 AM »
+1 for the above, but I think the most important feature would be to open up the source code to those of us that have contacted them about development.  It's been a month, and I've heard nothing.  Others have said they sent an email up to 6 months ago when they were begging for developers.  So it seem like they aren't all that serious about this project anymore, if they don't want help.

This compiled source code is garbage, because most good developers can simply recreate what they have already done on their own anyways.
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 01:37:12 AM »
1. Fix what's broken first.
2. No more arbitrary 3rd party software (eg. shoutcast, netdata) and allow them to be removed entirely, including from the GUI.
3. WHMCS should be able to be removed; not everyone uses it!
3. Open source apart from some key files.
4. Change logs.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 02:19:31 AM »
1. Fix what's broken first.
2. No more arbitrary 3rd party software (eg. shoutcast, netdata) and allow them to be removed entirely, including from the GUI.
3. WHMCS should be able to be removed; not everyone uses it!
3. Open source apart from some key files.
4. Change logs.

5. Get a serious panel name.  Branding is everything. kokpit.com something unique that can be trademarked

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 04:16:58 AM »
Lets add another item to the list.

Quit overwriting everything on an update.  Why in the heck do you reset users cwp_theme to original after an update?  This makes absolutely no sense.
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 10:40:10 AM »

5. Get a serious panel name.  Branding is everything. kokpit.com something unique that can be trademarked

Hey, we agree on something!  :-* Settling on one or t'other of Control/CentOS Web Panel would be a start!
My numbering system got screwed along the way, though. ;)

No-one notice the unnecessary attempt to update acme on the daily cron? Once/month would likely suffice.

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 11:54:10 AM »
Opening the source code, I think, would not be a solution at all. The important thing is that you get organized with a roadmap and improve so that we can bring more customers to this panel.

I think the most viable option is to limit the support to only customers with contracted support plans, this would help reduce their workload by attending to requests or improve the income by having to pay for support, which would even help them to hire or improve the conditions of current programmers and have more time to spend on improving the panel.

Even the price of the PRO license, seems to me very low for the current features of this panel and the most important functions of it, making them only usable by PRO license customers, all this to help them to get more revenue and improve this system.

The current price of 1.49$ per month, is too low to keep the system stable, I think an updated price of about 4/5$ per month would be a much fairer price and would still be much cheaper than the different options existing today.

If someone thinks it's too much, it's because they don't really know what it costs to maintain a team.
Partner de CWP

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 12:24:06 PM »
Opening the source code, I think, would not be a solution at all. The important thing is that you get organized with a roadmap and improve so that we can bring more customers to this panel.

I think the most viable option is to limit the support to only customers with contracted support plans, this would help reduce their workload by attending to requests or improve the income by having to pay for support, which would even help them to hire or improve the conditions of current programmers and have more time to spend on improving the panel.

Even the price of the PRO license, seems to me very low for the current features of this panel and the most important functions of it, making them only usable by PRO license customers, all this to help them to get more revenue and improve this system.

The current price of 1.49$ per month, is too low to keep the system stable, I think an updated price of about 4/5$ per month would be a much fairer price and would still be much cheaper than the different options existing today.

If someone thinks it's too much, it's because they don't really know what it costs to maintain a team.

If I have to pay then I will pay for cPanel.  You are missing the point about open source.

If anyone should pay it should be paid directly to apache.org.  Apache is FREE.  Do you think we should pay Apache?  No, I didnt think so.  Your $$$ ideas are not welcome here.

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 12:29:31 PM »

If I have to pay then I will pay for cPanel.  You are missing the point about open source.

If anyone should pay it should be paid directly to apache.org.  Apache is FREE.  Do you think we should pay Apache?  No, I didnt think so.  Your $$$ ideas are not welcome here.

Of course, the same is $45 against $1.45, or even $4/5.  :o
Partner de CWP

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 12:31:08 PM »
As it stands, CWP (whatever that stands for) is far too volatile to be considered a mainstream control panel. Undocumented, almost daily breaks/fixes puts paid to that. Pun intended.
Pricing in the $4/$5 per month puts it at the level of, for example DirectAdmin and even though I much prefer the CWP GUI, at that price point CWP Pro would fail entirely, IMHO. DirectAdmin is increasingly being offerred for free with VPS packages.

I currently run only one client site with CWP Pro, which is manageable, though I wouldn't trust any more than that! I have another CWP Pro instance, for my own application development. This is in addition to a couple of free CWP instances. I also run WHM (x3), DA (x2), webmin (x4) and other control panels - some purely for psuedo-personal purposes eg. tertiary backups.

CWP Pro *should* open the gateway to Support Tickets, with the free version only forum based support. This doesn't mean Support caters for people who know little about how to run a server. It's to address issues with the panel itself.

Whilst I voted No in the poll above, there is scope to increase the annual fee a little, without putting too many people off, IMO. The developers of CWP do not do themselves any favours however, as the lack of forum participation and response to critique has a large bearing on the trust from potential Pro purchases, I'm sure.

Double the annual fee, and I'd take my money elsewhere - the risk factor of CWP is high enough as things stand. :-/
Note: I send the occasional voluntary donations to Linux Mint, wikipedia and other helpful sites. Once a blue moon folks have donated to me for my information/files too. Though not as active as a few years ago, I contributed much coding and 'fresh' ideas to a certain open source oscommerce derivative.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 12:37:53 PM by ejsolutions »

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 12:37:28 PM »
As it stands, CWP (whatever that stands for) is far too volatile to be considered a mainstream control panel. Undocumented, almost daily breaks/fixes puts paid to that. Pun intended.
Pricing in the $4/$5 per month puts it at the level of, for example DirectAdmin and even though I much prefer the CWP GUI, at that price point CWP Pro would fail entirely, IMHO. DirectAdmin is increasingly being offerred for free with VPS packages.

I currently run only one client site with CWP Pro, which is manageable, though I wouldn't trust any more than that! I have another CWP Pro instance, for my own application development. This is in addition to a couple of free CWP instances. I also run WHM (x3), DA (x2), webmin (x4) and other control panels - some purely for personal purposes eg. tertiary backups.

CWP Pro *should* open the gateway to Support Tickets, with the free version only forum based support. This doesn't mean Support caters for people who know little about how to run a server. It's to address issues with the panel itself.

Whilst I voted No in the poll above, there is scope to increase the annual fee a little, without putting too many people off, IMO. The developers of CWP do not do themselves any favours however, as the lack of forum participation and response to critique has a large bearing on the trust from potential Pro purchases, I'm sure.

Double the annual fee, and I'd take my money elsewhere - the risk factor of CWP is high enough as things stand. :-/
Note: I send the occasional voluntary donations to Linux Mint, wikipedia and other helpful sites. Once a blue moon folks have donated to me for my information/files too. Though not as active as a few years ago, I contributed much coding and 'fresh' ideas to a certain open source oscommerce derivative.

I like your comment. Actually, I think it's all about simply limiting the time spent on free customer support and spending that time improving the panel.
Partner de CWP