Author Topic: New SSL configure options  (Read 10431 times)

New SSL configure options
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:15:43 AM »
Can someone explain to me how these settings are supposed to work under Auto Renovations and Automatic SSL generation?

I noticed the new options there yesterday, and I left them as shown in the image, checking the possible options available. Today I noticed that CWP had installed certificates to all domains on my server, even though I had not checked "Enable"-button in Automatic SSL generation.

And what does SAN stand for?

Re: New SSL configure options
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 10:00:05 AM »
Another stealth "enhancement", this time with English flaws (renovations?).
@Soisku don't take what the text alongside a button, to mean what you think it means. It may have been lost in translation. ;)
Google is your friend (other search engines exist)..
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=SSL+SAN

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 11:47:37 AM »
Looks like SAN was too simple for me to miss. I thought it might have been something CWP specific :P Should I assume that if I have the setting "Not renew SAN" enabled, my www-subdomains wouldn't be included in the next sertificate renewal?

The bigger mystery is why all my domains got certified in the first place when automatic SSL generation wasn't on. I found all of them being installed via acme.sh starting at 00:00 sharp (logged inside acme.sh.log).

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 05:58:55 AM »
I have deleted unnecessary certificates from the list, but they keep coming back even though I don't have Automatic SSL generation active. Documentation over this matter is empty https://docs.control-webpanel.com/docs/admin-guide/webservers-settings/ssl-certificates

A few domains renewed their certificates ignoring the set autorenew window, and all of them ignored www-subdomain yet again. I feel kind of lost here.

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 06:54:17 AM »
I changed the settings on one server to look like this yesterday:

However, today I saw that the server had still installed new certificates to domains from which I had them previously deleted. I also noticed that root crontab looks like this:
Code: [Select]
37 0 * * * "/root/.acme.sh"/acme.sh --cron --home "/root/.acme.sh/cwp_certs" > /dev/null
37 01 * * * /usr/local/cwp/php71/bin/php /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/cron_autossl_renew_all_domains.php
00 00 * * * /usr/local/cwp/php71/bin/php /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/cron_autossl_all_domains.php
00 00 * * * /usr/local/cwp/php71/bin/php /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/alertandautorenewssl.php

On another server where I thankfully didn't touch those new SSL Configure options it looks like this:
Code: [Select]
05 01 * * * /usr/local/cwp/php71/bin/php /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/alertandautorenewssl.php
05 01 * * * /usr/local/cwp/php71/bin/php /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/cron_autossl_renew_all_domains.php
47 0 * * * "/root/.acme.sh"/acme.sh --cron --home "/root/.acme.sh/cwp_certs" > /dev/null

Am I safe to assume that SSL Configure options are not working as intended?

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 04:27:09 PM »
seeing a similar issue with accounts transferred in from cpanel and accounts that where natively created on this server ... did sandeep ever confirm the message,...

in my case the dns for the zone i'm attempting to put the ssl on IS the server I'm on, I have A records for both @ and www

have also tried it with an A for @ and CNAME for www, loosing way to much time attempting to migrate about 130 sites but looking at whm and cloud linux being the solution just hate to go that route when I spent the time selling this to the higher ups.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 08:42:51 AM »
same problem here.
how stop cwp from generate auto ssl automaticly?
i unchecked "Automatic SSL generation" but still generating. :-\

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 11:40:17 PM »
same problem here. I had to manually delete the cron_autossl_all_domains.php and cron_autossl_renew_all_domains.php crontabs because they both went on and added certs automatically at midnight