Author Topic: LXC & CentOS Web Panel Installtion / Modification  (Read 5078 times)

LXC & CentOS Web Panel Installtion / Modification
« on: June 29, 2020, 04:52:47 PM »
Hello,

There is only one topic regarding LXC within this forum.

I did install CWP on LXS CentOS 7, the installation looked perfect. 

However, on creating subdomains, I started seeing CWP would create a Subdomain, within the console, but in reality, there is no new Folder to reflect the new Subdomain.

Also the same with WordPress; WordPress installer doens't recognize other installations from User's login into CWP.  And WordPress would error out when installing on the new folder-less Subdomain, saying it is already installed. 

Yes, WordPress is installed on the first subdomain, not the 2nd one I am trying to work with.

So I am thinking CWP is not playing well with LXC Server.

Any suggestions (instead oh, create a paid support ticket, which means that CWP is not ready yet) on how to setup or install CWP on LXC Server?

Here is a cPanel Link I find to detail the issue and offers a resolution:  https://docs.cpanel.net/knowledge-base/general-systems-administration/linux-containers/

Thanx

Re: LXC & CentOS Web Panel Installtion / Modification
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 09:17:18 AM »
best to have KVM or openvz server

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 12:51:15 AM »
@Sandeep, Thank you for your quick reply.  I don't have a choice about type of VPS.  So I went with nginx and static websites.

However, I will try to utilize CWP instead of cPanel, I didn't mind the Panel at all.

Thanx

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 01:32:31 PM »
Right, I just posted this in another LXC post ... I did a clean install and had no problem actually installed just to test everything to see if the CWP developers misstepped you into something new, but it even seemed to be all perfect

WTHF... this weird but...

im using a LXC with a
centos-7-default_20190926 template...
CWPpro version: 0.9.8.994... CWP
In a Proxmox 6.2... Server

working around 2 week, and work properly

ironically I never walk so well ... apparently the CWP guys got their batteries.

the only problem I had was with the php-fpm when I migrated a site from another server to test ... and it was because I had not yet installed the fpm ... but I installed them from the same panel ... and boilá

Now i have all php versions installed and tested.