Author Topic: cPanel Account Backup to CWP  (Read 4777 times)

cPanel Account Backup to CWP
« on: May 04, 2020, 09:26:06 AM »
Hey guys, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here -

I've backed up my cPanel account from my shared, and managed web-hosting.

Everything looks fine, some files didn't transfer accross (such as sub-domain files, but that's no big deal)

I mainly wanted emails to transfer across, which seems fine thus far.

For some reason, the main domain will not load the "public_html", instead, it is showing the CentOS WP landing page.
I've checked all folders within /home/USERNAME, and unfortunately, I can not locate the placeholder index page.

Loading the account folder by navigating to the HOSTNAME URL /~USERNAME (IE: https://srv1.xxx.xyz/~USERNAME/) successfully loads the correct files, within the /home/USERNAME/public_html - so somewhere's gone wrong, as in the domain itself is not correctly pointing to the /home/USERNAME/public_html

Creating a sub-domain on the URL works fine, and I am able to access it, so there's something wrong with the main domain not pointing to the public_html folder. Again, when I access the site using the above link (srv1.xxx.xyz....), it views the content fine - accessing the domain loads the CWP landing page.

I've looked inside the /usr/local/apache/conf.d/vhosts/ files, and I've compared the main domain, to another known-working domain, and they look fine. I'm not sure what other files I should check and cross-reference, as again, the domain is simply not pointing to the correct domain (I assume)

Re: cPanel Account Backup to CWP
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 10:37:52 AM »
I've "Rebuild vHosts" as well as "Apache Re-Build", and unfortunately, the domain is still pointing to some unknown folder - I've had another look through the folders within the /home/USERNAME/ folder, and there's no index.html file... Strange! Any assistance would be lovely ^_^

ALSO: I've double-checked the vHosts config file for the domain, and compared it to a known-working domain (again) and can verify that the DocumentRoot and all other configs within the file are correct. So I'm quite stumped at this point.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:45:57 AM by LiamTGCS »

Re: cPanel Account Backup to CWP
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 01:38:46 PM »
I'm not sure if the developers are usually this hopeless and unwilling to help - after sending an email to CWP support, they literally told me, and I quote: "you had probably configured wrongly server ip if you get default page, this should be checked by experienced system admin." and "we can't guide you as said this needs to be checked by experienced system admin, home folder settings are only in the vhost files"

For anyone who has this issue when transferring from cPanel to CWP (just one account), simply add a new vHost file named: YOURDOMAIN.TLD.ssl.conf - (IE: google.com.ssl.conf) - Before doing that, however, be sure to add an SSL certificate on the domain if there is not already one present, you can do this by navigating to "WebServer Settings" -> "SSL Certificates" -> AutoSSL and proceed to manually add the SSL to the domain(s) which were transferred over with your cPanel backup.

You can simply use a pre-existing ssl.conf file, assuming you already have other domains on the server with an SSL certificate installed, and just edit the /home/USERNAME/public_html to point to the domain you're wanting to transfer-into your CWP from cPanel.

** This thread can now be closed, thanks for nothing. **