Author Topic: Polkit error - GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed  (Read 28767 times)

Re: Polkit error - GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2023, 07:28:52 PM »
I think this issue has returned,

After running sh /scripts/update_cwp

ERROr Ajax: Error

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2023, 07:54:15 PM »
mount proc -o remount,hidepid=0
systemctl restart polkit.service

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2023, 07:40:17 AM »
The last year I face many update CWP PRO problems. For each server I ask paid support. This is not trusty.
You may use our FREE SMTP Newsletter APP at https://www.emailbat.com

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2023, 12:31:19 AM »
The error "Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject" is related to the PolicyKit1 service, which manages permissions and access privileges on systems based on Linux. This error occurs when PolicyKit1 cannot determine the subject user, which can lead to permission issues.

Here are some possible solutions to fix this problem:

Verify User: Make sure you are logged in with a valid user account and that the user has the appropriate permissions to access the PolicyKit1 service. If you're using a GUI, make sure you've entered your username and password correctly.

Check PolicyKit1 permissions: Make sure PolicyKit1 configuration files have the correct permissions. PolicyKit1 configuration files are usually located in the /etc/polkit-1/ or /usr/share/polkit-1/ directory. Check if the files are readable and writable for the correct users.

Restart the service: Try restarting the PolicyKit1 service to see if that resolves the issue. You can use the following command depending on your operating system:

For distributions using systemd:

sudo systemctl restart polkit
For distros using Upstart:

sudo service polkit restart
Check system logs: Check the system logs for more information about the specific error that is occurring. System logs may be in the /var/log/ directory and relevant files may include syslog, auth.log, or polkit.log.

Check disk space: Sometimes a lack of disk space can lead to unexpected errors. Make sure you have enough disk space available on your system.

Update the system: Make sure your operating system is up to date with the latest updates and patches. Sometimes errors can be fixed by system updates.

If none of the above steps resolves the problem, there may be a more complex problem specific to your system. In this case, it may be worth contacting your operating system's technical support or searching online forums and discussions for further assistance.

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2023, 12:14:52 PM »
I have had this same problem which I think started after I installed cwp_2fa and run centos 7 then did a centos 7 update. After I removed the cwp_2fa I now have a bigger problem 404 page index is missing. /login/index.php

run sh /scripts/update_cwp won't fix it.

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2023, 10:37:10 PM »
Do you mind starting your own thread to address your particular problem? It seems off-topic to the Polkit error addressed in this thread.