Author Topic: Subdomain redirect not working  (Read 5235 times)

Subdomain redirect not working
« on: July 06, 2020, 07:35:21 AM »
I am having trouble with redirecting a subdomain.
No matter what I do or where I locate the subdomain folder. It simply wont redirect.
It simply loads the CWP HTTP Test page.

A redirect on the main domain redirects properly.
I even removed the main domain redirect while trying to get the subdomain redirect to work.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Re: Subdomain redirect not working
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 10:59:19 AM »
Hi,

if the default CWP index.html is not in the subdomain folder then the problem is in the A or CNAME record pointer in your DNS.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 01:09:55 PM »
Thanks however CWP automatically added 2 "A" records (one with & one without "www").
I tried deleting these and adding them again as "A" and as "CNAME" records but with no luck

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 09:41:13 AM »
I have the same problem a records are ok (point for serwer work)... I got lets encrypt certificate, but subdomain site doesntt work, i get

"Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

whatever if i add it by subdomain or by domain writing that subdomain as domain.
I checked inside /public_html and outside - still the same problem.

If i add another domain similar way it work as should. Reuild vhosts or change webserwer to simplest apache or nginx doesnt work.
Its deafault config cwp pro for user/domain - it not work... (i have force php-fpm).

If it help - Almalinux 8.8 and newest cwp pro.
Server isnt overloaded in any way - have a lot of free ram, cpu and disk space.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 09:53:20 AM by skyref »

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2023, 01:39:59 PM »
I found how resolve that.
Go CWP Settings -> Edit settings -> and check rebuilds vhosts - magical it work...
(even for domains that use another ip - it doesnt delete config and keep configuration)

When you rebuild only 1 user /domain it wasnt help - i tried that earlier, and I nothing changed so didnt except to need smth like that to resolve problem.