Author Topic: CWPpro Terminal - How to disable it - causing excess memory usage  (Read 5683 times)

CWPpro Terminal - How to disable it - causing excess memory usage
« on: September 03, 2020, 10:06:13 AM »
Hi,

I need help to disable CWP Pro Terminal - How can I do this. It's currently taking additional memory (400MB+ and nearly  1GB Cached Memory since), having only 2GB memory, this is a lot for a terminal that doesn't even work.

I have CWPPro and clicked on the CWP Terminal - without notice it started to install things in the background and remained on installation notice. Never worked. But since I did that my memory usage has jumped and it will not come back down, even restarting services. I've searched and could not find anything about it other than people who have tried to used it have been left stuck with an unusable terminal.

I need to remove whatever was added when I clicked on the CWPPro Terminal - how can I remove these, please as it’s slowing my system.

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
V.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 10:07:49 AM by vkengo »

Re: CWPpro Terminal - How to disable it - causing excess memory usage
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 10:57:34 PM »
Did you solve it? I wanna know the same. Need to uninstall/disable this feature.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 01:39:03 PM »
Just tried starting it, and it caused the same issue.  Restart Cwpsrv and cwp-phpfpm to return everything to normal after about 5 minutes
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 03:51:14 PM »
I never liked this version of web terminal. I tried it on my test server and on the CWP demo server. It was slow and not so responsive. This was in December.

I'd like also a way to uninstall it in case I misclick it and install it by a mistake.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 07:05:25 PM »
I had to restart CWP and never touched the Pro terminal again. Simple terminal works fine, rarely use it though, better off with remote terminal.

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 11:41:14 AM »
Agreed; haven't found it worth the bother nor the bloat and slow responsiveness. Always a better remote term available on any system I use (Mac, Linux, Windows PuTTY, etc.)