Author Topic: Copy files to another folder not working  (Read 5587 times)

Copy files to another folder not working
« on: September 30, 2020, 05:43:15 PM »
Hello

After the latest change of the file explorer to the administrator panel it is not possible to complete the graphical copy files command.
There is an animation showing that there is a procedure but nothing is being coppied. 
On the other hand compress menu is working perfect and really improved to the latest updates.  ;)

Thank you and keep up the great job.
You need a reliable hosting company for your website or your eshop?
Need a cheap, reliable, fast and secure hosting?
You want fast support and action to every technical issue?
Freespirits is here for you :) - Don't look any further!

Re: Copy files to another folder not working
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 05:48:37 PM »
Testing with just one file or a zip file copy is working.
The problem is when someone selectes more than one file.

P.S. Maybe i should have posted to "CentOS 7 Problems" section  :)
You need a reliable hosting company for your website or your eshop?
Need a cheap, reliable, fast and secure hosting?
You want fast support and action to every technical issue?
Freespirits is here for you :) - Don't look any further!

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:45:36 PM »
I have exactly the same experience....
the graphical starts to spin and u can wait for hours... only 1 folder is being made but empty..

it doesnt work anymore since the update of the file manager.

I just found out... when i choose MOVE instead of COPY... it works half. the source folder is empty and the target folder looks like to be filled up... but isnt. folders are moved but the content inside the folders, half of is missing or miss placed in the wrong folders.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:01:50 PM by Dutch_Mike »

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 05:29:36 PM »
not able to reproduce the same issue, you should probably contact cwp support and include some examples.

Don't forget that if you have a slow disk and many files that copy can take a longer time..
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 11:48:48 PM »
I am running it on a sabrent rocket 2tb nvme pci 4.0 disk. so im pretty sure its not my disk is to slow.

its simple. i have a folder i upload all the zipped files in i need to update for example drupal. i use the extract command. works fine and a drupal file is about 30 mb.
then i go inside the drupal folder select all and use the command copy. i select the new folder and click copy. it almost immediatly gives the screen that its done.. but when i go to take a look in the destination folder.. nothing happened. no new files copied.

when i choose move instead.. it moved all the files in the root folder.. but all the sub folders are being left behind.

it all worked fine before, until the update came to the new file explorer. so you must have changed something.
where can i find the logs for the file manager to find out the issues it had during the copy or moving ?

regards
Mike