Author Topic: Cpanel migration says: Waiting to Start  (Read 18060 times)

Cpanel migration says: Waiting to Start
« on: August 24, 2019, 08:52:52 PM »
Tried looking for an answer and didn't find anything.  I'm trying to use the cpanel server migration, I click the accounts I want migrated, press start migration.  I get a notification that the process should start within a few minutes.  I check after a few hours and I still get the Waiting to Start message. 

I cancelled it, tried again, same.  I restarted VPS and tried again and still, never starts  Just says Waiting to Start.

Anyway to force a start?

Thanks.

Re: Cpanel migration says: Waiting to Start
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 01:50:04 PM »
Automated Transfer didn't work for me too. So I manually created Backup Archive from cPanel Server, transferred the archive to the new server and restored using cPanel Account Restore option.

Everything went smoothly and I transferred 300+ accounts from my 3 servers.

Let me know if you need any assistance. I will help you.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 03:03:39 AM »
cPanel Server migration is also failing for me. It will create the cpmove-??? backup on my cPanel server then when it is time to transfer it fails (always at 60%). Manually creating the backup on the cPanel server and moving to CWP works but that's some work if you have lots of accounts.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 08:21:32 PM »
I too am having problems with this. I have also placed a query on one or 2 other threads on thus forum about it...could it be because CWP is a php driven control panel and therefore pup defaults also apply to the panel?

Things like php max file size, php max post size, php timeout settings, php memory limits etc etc? Tue defaults for php are tiny and if these also applied to the CWP itself, would they all need to be dramatically increased?