Author Topic: How to host multiple React or Node.js sites on CWP?  (Read 12452 times)

How to host multiple React or Node.js sites on CWP?
« on: July 25, 2018, 11:37:29 PM »
Is there a way to host multiple Node.js or React.js websites using CWP, the way we can host hundreds of PHP sites today?

If not, is this being worked on? Javascript is the most popular language in the world right now; there are hundreds of popular Javascript frameworks being used all over the world.

Matthew

Re: How to host multiple React or Node.js sites on CWP?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 06:42:00 PM »
So there's no way to do this?

React.js is HUGE as well as the language Javascript in general. Javascript is the most-used programming language in the world.

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 11:55:04 AM »
it's not officially tested by cwp and there is no any info about it but you should be able to do it with manual config by following instructions for centos.
I can only say that nodejs will be supported by cwp but still don't know when exactly as they have only some tests and integration is pending.
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 03:23:09 PM »
I figured out how to do this.

I must say it's awesome to have my own Heroku. I already had my own web server (bare metal) in my home office; I can host hundreds of websites for the price of high speed Internet (which I need anyway) and a few cents of electricity for running the server 24/7. But now I can easily self-host multiple modern web apps as well -- as many as I want, with plenty of resources (database, CPU, hard drive space) for free. That's why I think this is very important.

Most "garage" apps and games would fall in-between Heroku's free tier (great for "Hello World") and having enough income from your apps to be able to jump to paying for it (monthly fee).

I do hope that CWP makes it out-of-the-box easy to host such web apps in the future.
Again, I refer to the kinds of deployments that require Heroku or some cloud service because the app is always running (Javascript) on the back end. You can't host Node.js or React.js apps with standard Linux/PHP/MySQL webhosting.

developer mcd at gmail
no spaces

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 03:29:38 PM by DeveloperMcD »

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 02:01:41 PM »
Ok so last 2 days im messing up with my server and i able to run NODE.js Its possible oldo, must say its really hard to doo it!

http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/addons/how-to-install-node-js-and-npm-on-centos-7-on-centos-control-panel-(pro)/

i create some tutorial