Author Topic: How is backup rsync configured ? i have 10 vps to backup only  (Read 9948 times)

Hi ! I need to configure remote backup from (10) vps servers to (1) backupserver , but i noticed i can not find how is rsync is configured, so :

I have 10 vps with CWP, And i would like to configure ALL of them only to copy backup to an backup server.

as it makes backup with rsync, I would like to backup only in push mode, and not to pull anything from backup server, as i will pull all other servers backups, right ?

So, will CWP only pull with rsync backup files or will try to pull all from backup server also ?

tip: I dont want to create a new user account in backupserver for every remote cwp i have, i just want to use one user to get all backups from all vps cwp.

Re: How is backup rsync configured ? i have 10 vps to backup only
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 07:04:06 AM »
1. write a script to backup your VPS locally (depends on what you need to backup, which database you need too), set cron if you need. You have 10 slaves need to be backup
2. on your Backup server, you setup SSH keypair to allow access to your 10 slaves and then do sftp to pull backup files
OR: on your backup server, wget with ftp user/passwrd to pull your backup files
3. Set cron on backup server to automate the task

Re: How is backup rsync configured ? i have 10 vps to backup only
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 02:44:31 PM »
I want to migrate everything from one vps to another vps .... user accounts and pages ....... how can I get started?