Author Topic: Unexpected end of file when starting cwpsrv.service  (Read 6546 times)

Unexpected end of file when starting cwpsrv.service
« on: August 10, 2017, 12:54:12 AM »
Have tried to install cwp on centos 7.3 but having some issues at the end of the process.

sh cwp-el7-latest installs and reports as installed but on attempting to start cwpsrv.service

Code: [Select]
### /var/log/messages
Aug 10 01:49:38 dark systemd: Starting CentOS Web Panel service (daemon)...
Aug 10 01:49:38 dark cwpsrv: cwpsrv: [emerg] nexpected end of file, expecting ";" or "}" in /usr/local/cwpsrv/conf.d/cwp-ssl.conf:9
Aug 10 01:49:38 dark cwpsrv: cwpsrv:configuration file /usr/local/cwpsrv/conf/cwpsrv.conf test failed
Aug 10 01:49:38 dark systemd: cwpsrv.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Aug 10 01:49:38 dark systemd: Failed to start CentOS Web Panel service (daemon).
Aug 10 01:49:38 dark systemd: Unit cwpsrv.service entered failed state.
Aug 10 01:49:38 dark systemd: cwpsrv.service failed.

If I comment out the line 'include /usr/local/cwpsrv/conf.d/*.conf;' from cwpsrv.conf the service starts but the web interface is not functional (missing MySQL_connect function as well as other things).

If anything more than 'empty.conf' is included - cwpsrv bombs out with the error above at the end of whatever file is included..

Aug 10 01:54:52 dark systemd: Starting CentOS Web Panel service (daemon)...
Aug 10 01:54:52 dark cwpsrv: cwpsrv: [emerg] nexpected end of file, expecting ";" or "}" in /usr/local/cwpsrv/conf.d/php.conf:3
Aug 10 01:54:52 dark cwpsrv: cwpsrv:configuration file /usr/local/cwpsrv/conf/cwpsrv.conf test failed
Aug 10 01:54:52 dark systemd: cwpsrv.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Aug 10 01:54:52 dark systemd: Failed to start CentOS Web Panel service (daemon).
Aug 10 01:54:52 dark systemd: Unit cwpsrv.service entered failed state.
Aug 10 01:54:52 dark systemd: cwpsrv.service failed.

Anyone have any insight into what the issue might be?

Re: Unexpected end of file when starting cwpsrv.service
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 05:51:03 AM »
try reinstalling it

yum reinstall cwpsrv cwpphp
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

Re: Unexpected end of file when starting cwpsrv.service
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »
ok so I think I'm up and running again.. not sure what the fix was tbh..

I did a reinstall of cwpsrv and cwpphp but that didn't cure it. Resulted in removing all visible CWP components.. deleting php, httpd, MySQL and reinstalling the lot.

I also had a Repo confusion with some older Remi repo being enabled.. this seems to have fed some older components into my system. After mulching it all down - CWP is up and running. I have a missing user in the db for Postfix but I'll deal with that when I care about hosting email on the system (never).

Anyhow - wanted to update rather than leave the thread hanging..