Author Topic: Internal Server Error  (Read 2451 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline
*
Internal Server Error
« on: April 25, 2016, 02:39:10 PM »
I am trying to install wordpress in http://scriptejso.com.br/cursos/ address and is giving the following message when I try to access:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, ejso@portaldoaraguaia.tur.br and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Offline
*****
Re: Internal Server Error
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 06:23:04 AM »
go to cwp >> use accounts >> fix permissions >> select user from drop down menu and tap fix permission

Offline
*
Re: Internal Server Error
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 02:09:03 PM »
Thank you so much

Offline
*
Re: Internal Server Error
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 02:52:48 PM »
I am getting this error and it is not fixed by 'Fix Permissions'

I set up a user (actually myself) and installed wordpress in the top level (public_html) and that works.

I have created two add on domains in /public_html/domain1 and public_html/domain2 - both return a 500 error - one with wordpress, the other with no install.

I tried the fix permissions for the user (me)  - it says it worked, but still getting 500 error.

In addition, I then tried to delete one of the domains that I created from the user account and it tells me I do not have permissions to delete domains (even though that account created them).

If it is relevant I am using Apache+Nginx+Varnish.

Need help. Thanks

Offline
*
Re: Internal Server Error
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 06:26:20 PM »
More info.

It appears the main culprit here is the Wordpress plugin Wordfence.

When installed it adds lines to your .htaccess file that include a suPHP_ConfigPath pointing to the top level directory. Trouble is this cascades down to all subdirectories.

Somehow, when I create an equivalent .htaccess in the subdirectory pointing to the subdirectory, it still doesn't override the parent  - although I think it should