Author Topic: zone_editor - 2nd DS record entry gets messed up  (Read 6121 times)

zone_editor - 2nd DS record entry gets messed up
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:30:30 PM »
CentOS 7.4.1708 (Core) / Kernel 3.10.0-693.17.1.el7.x86_64
Apache/2.4.29
PHP version: 7.1.9
CWPpro 0.9.8.447

zone_editor

Not sure whether related but this shows
Notice: Undefined offset:3 in /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/modules/zone_editor.php on line 0
adding the first DS record work fine and the result looks like this

Then adding the second DS record it gets messy and one field of the first record omitted (and naturally named is complaining about it)

Re: zone_editor - 2nd DS record entry gets messed up
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 10:08:45 PM »
Now even leaving the DS records alone every editing of the zone in zone_editor is messing up the zone file and can only be resurrected by manually editing the zone file  ::)  >:(

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 10:48:11 AM »
I maybe the only person along with you who is continuously reporting these kind of bugs to CWP team but they don't listen us carefully. Only a few bugs have been fixed by them which were reported by me.

Anyhow, I recommend you to contact CWP team via support to get these things fixed.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »
support may ask for a payment prior taking on an issue. Unless it is a security related issue I trust such matters should be posted in the forum for the benefit/awareness of other users eventually facing the same or similar trouble. Such would not be if reporting only to support and I am certainly going to double post - support and forum.

Reckon that CWP is monitoring the forum somewhat, whether it raises the awareness of bugs and the priority to iron them is another matter.

And at least it feels like recently there are some improvements, e.g. frequent updates to CWP and transparency in the development http://centos-webpanel.com/changelog-cwp7

I say there is hope yet ;)

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 11:57:09 AM »
Don't worry they don't ask for any payment in case of bug report or feature request.

Yes. Its good idea to post on forum but maybe they don't see forum posts regularly and thus a support ticket will work much better.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 12:00:45 PM »
got time only for one, forum or support, but not both. I would reckon the bug section of the forum is there for a purpose and if not being watched frequently by CWP it would be useless for the development of CWP indeed and only serve as info to the forum users.

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 09:33:52 AM »
bug present in CWPpro 0.9.8.451