Author Topic: All Subdomain Stopped working  (Read 253 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline
*
All Subdomain Stopped working
« on: May 25, 2020, 04:25:50 PM »
Hi All

I hope someone can help me with this one.

I've searched around the internet and the forum. So far I cannot find a scenario such as mine or a solution to my problem.
A few days ago I noticed that subdomains for all domains hosted on my server are no longer accessible. I have not done any changes. There was a CWP update a few days ago but seeing as no one else is complaining that might not be the cause.
The fact that they were working before, means the A record was added when the domain was created. There is no cloudflare in use for any of the domains.

BIND stops and starts with no issues. I cannot ping any of the domains. I creating a new domain but the same issue.

I then went to my domain register and added an A record for one of the domain hosted on my server. That subdomain is accessible. Hoping this helps pinpoint the problem.

Thank you

Offline
***
Re: All Subdomain Stopped working
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 04:27:55 PM »
Kindly provide your nameservers.  Did you recently renew or transfer the domain the ns are on?
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

Offline
*
Re: All Subdomain Stopped working
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 05:06:13 PM »
ns1.activetech.co.za
ns2.activetech.co.za

No. This is the main domain that I've had for a few months.

Offline
***
Re: All Subdomain Stopped working
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »
looking up yoru glue records, there is a problem
IPv4 Glue records for ns1.activetech.co.za
ns0.is.co.za.   86400   IN   A   196.4.160.17

You need to log into your registart and add glue/host records for ns1 and ns2 to point to your servers ip
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

Offline
*
Re: All Subdomain Stopped working
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 05:34:55 AM »
Very interesting.
So I had the nameserver addresses set to 127.0.0.1. When I ping the nameserver the response came from my local machine. Lol. For some odd reason, this config worked before.

So : I Updated the IP addresses of the name servers, waited a few hours for propagation. Now everything is working fine again.

Thank you for answering my questions and solving my problems 100% of the time.