Author Topic: Your server is NOT running CWP Secure Kernel !!!  (Read 14117 times)

Your server is NOT running CWP Secure Kernel !!!
« on: October 27, 2020, 10:19:05 PM »
I can understand a single initial notice of the release of the CWP Secure Kernel, but speaking as one who has no need of it (I am running 3 VPS with paid CWP Professional with 1:1 dedicated sites and trusted admins/clients). I don't really appreciate the daily notifications -- they are annoying and distracting. I used to count on the notification feature for security updates, but now I don't clear it and just leave the single Secure Kernel notification. This is causing me to completely ignore the notification feature, making it worthless to me. Please stop the notification spam/ham and keep it "clean" to just server-related notices, not features or services available from CWP.

I do appreciate your development efforts, use and enjoy your products, pay for CWP Professional 3x, and have paid for incident support services several times. I check this forum and your main web site weekly/monthly for news & updates (still looking forward to full CentOS 8 support!) -- so I really prefer not to have unnecessary daily notifications on each of my servers.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:27:08 PM by overseer »

Re: Your server is NOT running CWP Secure Kernel !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 12:18:10 AM »
I check this forum and your main web site weekly/monthly for news & updates ..
Hmm.
http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/index.php?topic=9725.0  ::)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:20:13 AM by cynique »

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 03:34:25 AM »
Yes, I read that thread. It was locked, so I couldn't put in my plea to the developers there.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 11:12:11 AM »
Yes, I read that thread. It was locked, so I couldn't put in my plea to the developers there.
Fair enough, forgot it was locked!  :-[

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 11:55:21 PM »
Not sure why they locked my topic i guess as so many dont want to be forced to pay for a kernel no doubt this one will also get locked.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 04:30:33 PM »
secure kernel comes with support because some will not able to fix kernel level fixing

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 05:47:05 AM »
Why keep on spamming every day?

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 10:45:12 AM »
Add a cookie to it so if i/we close it then it stays closed not every one wants it.

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 12:02:10 PM »
Add a cookie to it so if i/we close it then it stays closed not every one wants it.
Nah, some of us clear cookies & cache when closing our browser. Now, a flag on the server side...  ???
Better still: delete.

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 06:14:20 PM »
Any update on this. At least to suppress that specific alert message. We are using KernelCare as support provided installation instructions. We don't need a daily alert regarding CWP Secure Kernel.

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 05:02:28 PM »
I can understand a single initial notice of the release of the CWP Secure Kernel, but speaking as one who has no need of it (I am running 3 VPS with paid CWP Professional with 1:1 dedicated sites and trusted admins/clients). I don't really appreciate the daily notifications -- they are annoying and distracting. I used to count on the notification feature for security updates, but now I don't clear it and just leave the single Secure Kernel notification. This is causing me to completely ignore the notification feature, making it worthless to me. Please stop the notification spam/ham and keep it "clean" to just server-related notices, not features or services available from CWP.

I do appreciate your development efforts, use and enjoy your products, pay for CWP Professional 3x, and have paid for incident support services several times. I check this forum and your main web site weekly/monthly for news & updates (still looking forward to full CentOS 8 support!) -- so I really prefer not to have unnecessary daily notifications on each of my servers.

+1

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 05:16:41 PM »
Any update on this. At least to suppress that specific alert message. We are using KernelCare as support provided installation instructions. We don't need a daily alert regarding CWP Secure Kernel.

KernelCare is for kernel patches only and not security rules, CWP kernel is specific with specific access rules for php, apache, nginx, cron, users and many more....
It works in a simple way that we specify all that is secure for some application to do and all other is denied and that provides the highest security possible.

For example, if someone hacks one of your websites then it can spread malware over other accounts or even start some custom php/cgi scripts to connect to other servers and do ddos attacks or coin mining. With CWP kernel users can't run any custom tool and even can't access any system files regardless of the server file permissions. In the CWP kernel, each file access is defined even for read/write/execute rules which are not related to file specified permissions in the filesystem, and that provides the highest security as users have a limited set of commands they can run and a limited set of files they can access with different access as read/write/execute...and all this defined per application your server is using.

Not these rules have several thousands of lines that were tested over several years so this security can't be compared to any other as this was strictly developed for CWP.

The goal is to have it released for all cwppro users but for now, it's covering only servers with support as there is a very big interest in it and we are very busy with it. Notifications are set to once a month.
AntiDDoS Protection (web + mail)
http://centos-webpanel.com/website-ddos-protection-proxy

Join our Development Team and get paid !
http://centos-webpanel.com/develope-modules-for-cwp

Services Monitoring & RBL Monitoring
http://centos-webpanel.com/services-monitor

Do you need Fast and FREE Support included for your CWP linux server?
http://centos-webpanel.com/noc-partner-list
Installation Instructions
http://centos-webpanel.com/installation-instructions
Get Fast Support Here
http://centos-webpanel.com/support-services

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 05:53:06 PM »
I really don't think we needed/asked for another wall of text with more marketing!
Lose the popup. Simple.

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2020, 03:47:28 PM »
Notifications are set to once a month.

I'm seeing it once every 24 hours so you better get back to some coding.