Author Topic: can i use only one domain ?  (Read 6379 times)

can i use only one domain ?
« on: June 30, 2019, 10:29:18 PM »
Hello so i was wondering can i use only one domain on cwp ?  without creating any users ?

i did fallow the steps mentioned at the end of this post. and i don't have 2nd domain to use. i have "mystar99.com" which is also the hostname on the vps i'm using. when i go to add domain it shows i need to create users first. also when i go the the domain address, i see the HTTP Test Page
powered by CWP | CentOS-WebPanel.com  page meaning domain active right ?

step fallowed:
Configuration of WebPanel
When you login for the first time in CentOS WebPanel you need to set some settings in Web Interface.
- Setup nameservers (ns1 & ns2 with IPs)
- Setup shared ip (this ip is used for domains)
- Setup at least one hosting package (eg. default)
- Setup root email
& now you are ready to host domains…

Re: can i use only one domain ?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 01:13:18 AM »
Creating users is more less like creating domains. Add domain is for addon domains.
You can create main domain by creating new account from User accounts -> New Account

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 04:28:48 PM »
You could add website files into the default apache web directory on the server without creating any domains and it will work.

You just have to find what the default apache directory for cwp is using for that page you are seeing.

It easier in cwp to simply add a new user though. With new user comes web directory, security controls...heaps of functinality you can use to control the new users website you make.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 10:58:31 AM »
This is a point of confusion for many no doubt.

When you install CWP you have to associate a user and domain.  But if that is the only domain, it doesnt appear in the addon domain list.  Normally, when you add on a domain it is stored in /home/myusername/public_html/myaddondomain.com

In reality the main domain is stored at /home/myusername/public_html

So if you have one domain, your main webpage would be /home/myusername/public_html/index.html